Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs with food.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Any recommendations of pubs on the road from Uckfield to Brighton to eat in on Sunday lunch that are reasonable priced with a varied menu either with or without Sunday roast. Thanks

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Cock

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

Cock Inn says a pedant

Went a few weeks ago - very disappointing

Speaking of which, kids want to take me out to dinner this afternoon/evening. Given that the Town centre is going to be full of overweight sweaty fourtysomethings dressed in lycra, any recommendations for edge of town ?

In answer to BG - Snowdrop, Lewes

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Any recommendations of pubs on the road from Uckfield to Brighton to eat in on Sunday lunch that are reasonable priced with a varied menu either with or without Sunday roast. Thanks

You mean one for the future, or one that isn't fully booked for today ?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
100% agree that The Cock is the answer, but if its not fully booked I'd be amazed.

So then you are looking at The Snowdrop in Lewes or even the Swan at Falmer (which is a peaceful little village on the outskirts of Brighton with a pretty pond and a four lane highway through the middle of it)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
100% agree that The Cock is the answer, but if its not fully booked I'd be amazed.

So then you are looking at The Snowdrop in Lewes or even the Swan at Falmer (which is a peaceful little village on the outskirts of Brighton with a pretty pond and a four lane highway through the middle of it)

Great cheesy chips though and if Granddad asks nicely I'm sure they'll microwave him a Pukka Pie

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Stewards enquiry ?....just past the Cock

Laughing fish at Isfield ?

The Anchor at Barcombe is not far

Highlands Inn at Uckfield ?

What was the Stewards Enquiry has been closed for some time now. No sign of it being taken in either.

The Highlands is owned by the same people as The Cock. Family run and excellent quality - I went there a few weeks ago and can recommend.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Peacock at Piltdown is good, but you will be very lucky to walk in any pub today and get a table.
London/Brighton bike ride and Fathers day......back to 'Spoons then BG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here