Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NowTV / Silverlight problem help please!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Just signed up for the entertainment pass, to find it does not work with my youview box ( as yet..)

So, try watching a show on laptop, getting error message - Microsoft siliverlight' (streaming?) software needed.. that installed, same probs.

NowTV not supported by google chrome anyway, though I get same problem when trying on internet explorer / firefox (latest versions installed).

so, wassup?? laptop has windows 7 home premium, if that helps..

movies show on my main tv set, so the account is fine.

In IE, I just get a blackpopup screen (no message) after pressing play on any show,

and with FF- (T6038) – "Sorry, you'll need to fix your Microsoft Silverlight installation issue before you can watch NOW TV"
- I have tried all they suggested..

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
A workaround rather than a solution, but if you have a PS3, you can install the nowTV player on that... I suspect you could do the same on an xbox

jon12345

Jul 22, 2014
I had a similar problem with Silverlight and bt sport. I found this and it worked:

If you're getting this error, and tearing your hair out as various fixes work or don't work, try this one for Mac and Windows - I've just discovered it and it seems to work for a few people.

It appears that one particular SilverLight file - mspr.hd - might be corrupted and is not upgraded automatically - so you have to delete it by hand, after which SilverLight will nicely spot that it's missing and replace it when you next run the BT Sport app.

So try this ... Go *offline* first, and find and delete this file :
Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady\mspr.hd
(you might need to change view options to 'Show All Files')

Not sure if it's relevant but may be worth a try. Good luck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here