Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electronic Tag breaches Human Rights

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hardly the Daily mail stirring it up.

It is the headline story on the Radio 4 news this morning.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
And on BBC Breakfast too.

If it really is how it is described in the media then it is a shocking judgement.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
otherwise we could deport him back to Somalia

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not stirring it at all. Shocking story - ridiculous judgement made in a court and by a judge that's not fit for purpose. The sooner we get rid, the better.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Clearly someone has been watching Wedlock starting Rutger Hauer a little too closely.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So what happens if this fella gets really delusional and becomes a real deal suicide bomber ?

D

Deleted member 22389

These ********s cost this country a lot of money. Bloke should be sodding well deported.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The next thing will be sending a murderer to prison is against his human rights as he suffers from claustrophobia!!!

think that might have already been done

So what happens if this fella gets really delusional and becomes a real deal suicide bomber ?
point him east.......................................................................................

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Not seen the story too deeply and I'd normally say deport, deport, deport, but if the guy actually does have mental issues then I'm inclined to be more lenient in this case. If it's just a ruse by his lawyers to stay, then put him on the first boat back to where he came from - actually it seems there are lots of boats landing in Italy at the mo, I presume they're now empty, put him on one of those and shove it off, back across the Med.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The judge said there was medical evidence that DD had psychotic and unusual beliefs that the tag was there to punish him. In particular, he believed it contained a camera and a bomb, and voices and noises emanated from it.
Two doctors accepted that DD was not exaggerating his symptoms. There was no doubt that the tag might produce a further deterioration and result in serious self-harm, Mr Justice Collins ruled.

The bloke is clearly off his tits,the judge was right to remove the tag,all seem to agree including his doctors it would make him even more loony than he already is to keep it on.

no mention though of what Psychiatric hospital the gent is now in.......unless i missed that bit.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
V
The judge said there was medical evidence that DD had psychotic and unusual beliefs that the tag was there to punish him. In particular, he believed it contained a camera and a bomb, and voices and noises emanated from it.
Two doctors accepted that DD was not exaggerating his symptoms. There was no doubt that the tag might produce a further deterioration and result in serious self-harm, Mr Justice Collins ruled.

The bloke is clearly off his tits,the judge was right to remove the tag,all seem to agree including his doctors it would make him even more loony than he already is to keep it on.

no mention though of what Psychiatric hospital the gent is now in.......unless i missed that bit.

Sounds unhinged enough to get put in the House of Lords

D

Deleted member 22389

Why don't we stick him and his family on a plane, send him back home and let his own country deal with the costs of treating him. Why does this always fall on the Tax payer here to deal with. Someone needs to exercise some common sense in this country. The money and resources saved here could treat someone who really needs it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why don't we stick him and his family on a plane, send him back home and let his own country deal with the costs of treating him. Why does this always fall on the Tax payer here to deal with. Someone needs to exercise some common sense in this country. The money and resources saved here could treat someone who really needs it.

i believe the human rights act affords him the right to take the piss

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There was no doubt that the tag might produce a further deterioration and result in serious self-harm, Mr Justice Collins ruled.

Leave it on!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
There is still strong restrictions on him, he's not got away Scott-free...

"‘But the court found there was sufficient evidence to support the national security case to impose and keep in place a T-Pim notice. Restrictions on this individual’s activities to protect the public remain in place.’"

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I for one don't give a toss about his human rights. Just get rid of him and worry about any legal issues afterwards. Yet another scumbag.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
otherwise we could deport him back to Somalia

Maybe not. Lots of human rights barriers where deportation to Somalia is concerned. More than apply to almost any other country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here