Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Clarkson 'set to unveil new motoring show within weeks'

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Jeremy Clarkson is expected to unveil a new motoring show to rival Top Gear in the next few weeks, with three broadcasters vying to sign up the presenter.

ITV and the US on-demand services Netflix and Amazon are understood to be the frontrunners to sign Clarkson, who was axed from the BBC2 show earlier this year after punching one of its producers.

Clarkson is set to be joined by both of his former Top Gear co-presenters, Richard Hammond and James May, with “three huge companies” competing to sign the stars. “They have had offers and they are close to making a decision about what they want to do,” an industry source said.

The presenters, along with the show’s former executive producer, Clarkson’s long-time friend and collaborator Andy Wilman, met ITV’s director of television, Peter Fincham, last month.

ITV was touted as the most likely UK broadcaster to pick up the trio after Channel 4 and Sky ruled themselves out.

ITV has suffered a ratings slump this year and needs more male-skewed shows after losing the rights to Uefa Champions League football coverage to BT. It is said to be keen to make the programme in-house or through a production company that is part-owned by its programme-making arm, ITV Studios."

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jun/19/jeremy-clarkson-set-to-unveil-new-motoring-show-within-weeks

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I can't wait. What a bore the three of them are.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cun45 4ll

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Even if you are of the opinion that Top Gear is the greatest thing on television ITV would still find a way to render it garbage within minutes.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
More of what they did before...

Really ? The show was so fake it was painful. They'd better hope they've got a decent script writer, otherwise where are the laughs going to come from in those, oh so unplanned "stunts".

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Really ? The show was so fake it was painful. They'd better hope they've got a decent script writer, otherwise where are the laughs going to come from in those, oh so unplanned "stunts".

Completely. My point was i suspect they not have the imagination or fu ds to go off piste

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Completely. My point was i suspect they not have the imagination or fu ds to go off piste

Trouble is, they've built up the TV persona and that is now what people expect. I'm sure they have the knowledge and skill to tone the fakery down a bit, but that is not what they're there for now/then. Will it work on ITV ? Who knows and I don't care. Will Evans do anything worth watching ? Maybe, depends how they do it, if they try to do TG mkII then, no, it won't work. Something a bit different, then maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here