happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
9 months in chokey for thumping a guy in a pub who called him "fatso"

Good player for Chelsea, although not a particularly aggressive sort of player

Maybe seems a bit harsh but then I don't know all the facts

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-33204251

"punching him off a bar stool and continuing to hit him when he fell to the floor"

The judiciary tends to take the view that if you continue to hit someone when they are on the floor it's because you intend to do them enough harm so that they don't get back up.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
"punching him off a bar stool and continuing to hit him when he fell to the floor"

The judiciary tends to take the view that if you continue to hit someone when they are on the floor it's because you intend to do them enough harm so that they don't get back up.

I think that the sentence is too harsh, having read the article.
It would seem that the bloke got a warning from Dixon when they exchanged words in the gents.
He should have packed it in then, but instead decided to push it further.
He got what he deserved in my book and he should have got a sentence for not shutting the f**k up when he was told to.
If he was that drunk he should have been refused service and sent away.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I don't give a toss about being 'thumbs downed'.
If you act like a prick you should be treated like one.
He will think twice about doing it again.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Wonder what Vincent Jones would get now for sexually assaulting a Mr Gascoigne on the pitch?

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Can't say that I like the bloke, but I do have to respect him for his (non) attitude as manager of Donny in THAT last game at the Goldstone. He could have moaned and whinged during and after the game about: the banana, the threatening pitch invasion at the end, and Maskell hauling their goalie to the ground and sitting on him while Storer scored.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Perhaps you could expand on that with reference to the starting point for ABH (I assume it was charged as ABH as it was dealt with by a Crown court), assessing the aggravating and mitigating factors and explain why you, who has read a newspaper article, are better qualified than a legally qualified, trained Crown Court judge to determine sentence.

No ? Thought not

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't give a toss about being 'thumbs downed'.
If you act like a prick you should be treated like one.
He will think twice about doing it again

Quite, hence Dixon has been jailed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It would seem that the bloke got a warning from Dixon when they exchanged words in the gents.
He should have packed it in then, but instead decided to push it further.
He got what he deserved in my book and he should have got a sentence for not shutting the f**k up when he was told to.
If he was that drunk he should have been refused service and sent away.

In your book maybe. But, the "book" we all have to abide by isn't yours, it's the law of the land.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here