Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most obvious mistakes

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In your memory what are rhe mistakes that you rememeber most made by public figures. I would think one that is very high on the list is Dr Beechings cuts to the railways.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
King Harold, in 1066 when prompted to take a quick upward look at the rarely seen White Hawk from Australia

his mistake was going to Stamford Bridge
in fact that is a mistake lots of people make now:lolol:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
"My fellow citizens. At this hour, American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger."

&

"On Tuesday night I gave the order for British forces to take part in military action in Iraq.
Tonight British servicemen and women are engaged from air, land and sea.
Their mission: to remove Saddam Hussein from power and disarm Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction."

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
article-1289679-0A3A4F1B000005DC-789_634x356.jpg

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Neil Kinnock "Well Alright".

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
his mistake was going to Stamford Bridge
in fact that is a mistake lots of people make now:lolol:

His mistake was trusting his brother. In fact that is a mistake lots of people make now ... just ask Rhodri Giggs

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
More seriously: I'd say three government biggies in the past 30 years
Nick Clegg's decision to back the Tories - caused a complete collapse of one party. The Labour government's decision not to ensure control of the banks and the Thatcher government decision to sell of council houses without building additional stock. I'd add the NUM's decision not to call a strike ballot in 1984, it was a tactical error -although I'm not sure ultimately how damaging that was.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
A woman at our work who'd been off sick the day before taking a phone call in our office when back in the next day from someone she knew and telling them all about her day out in London the day before and then the penny of her faux pas dropped...the office having gone dealthy silent and her having to quickly change tack on the phone call. #good times

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nick Clegg didnt have much choice as the country needed a government not another election in a couple of months.

Efforts are now being made to replenish housing a little late but there are alsorts of objections to planning consent being given.

The NUM suffered because of 1 mans power crazy ideals, similar could happen with Unite in rhe forseeable future

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here