Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco Bargain Hunters

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It doesn’t take much for the human race’s shared chimpanzee genes to rise to the surface. I thought seeing people going nuts on Black Friday was bad enoough, but reduced food in Tescos ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This happens in all big supermarkets up and down the country every single day. People like to think they've grabbed a bargain.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I always pity the supermarket bod who gets to come out with the reduced price gun, the Mongol hordes already lurking, buzzing like flies around shit waiting to pounce. (apologies for excessive use of metaphors)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I always pity the supermarket bod who gets to come out with the reduced price gun, the Mongol hordes already lurking, buzzing like flies around shit waiting to pounce. (apologies for excessive use of metaphors)

I don't because the ******* doing the reductions doesn't bother to check that the sticker is printing out properly and mostly leaves the original barcode uncovered. A ****ed up barcode means it wont scan plus the fact it has already scanned at full price which has to be voided off :angry:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I get all my groceries delivered.

So do I, but even that can be quite challenging sometimes.....

mangetout.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why don't the supermarket just reduce it less, so demand = supply? If they really want to sell a bargain, hand them out, 1 or 2 per customer, and limit the amount each can buy at the till.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Why don't the supermarket just reduce it less, so demand = supply? If they really want to sell a bargain, hand them out, 1 or 2 per customer, and limit the amount each can buy at the till.

Could turn it into a sport so they have an obstacle course to go through first, followed by a battle for different size trollies and baskets with not enough to go round, then 100m sprint to the discount shelf. Saturday night TV at it's best "The Discount Food Games" :shrug:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Could turn it into a sport so they have an obstacle course to go through first, followed by a battle for different size trollies and baskets with not enough to go round, then 100m sprint to the discount shelf. Saturday night TV at it's best "The Discount Food Games" :shrug:

You could be on to something there

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My son tells me these are all amateurs compared to the reduced section in any supermarket based on a University Campus :catfight:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

I used to do these reductions, thankfully not on the meat (people are ****ing mental when it comes to meat). It is usually right at the end of the day when the food is about to go past its sell by date so it's either being sold or chucked away, usually, the prices do remain relatively high as if the people doing the ordering have done their jobs properly there will be only a few left. But when they over order, there can sometimes be crates of the product left a day before the sell by date, that is when you see scenes like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here