Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt to Derby

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apparently. We still messing around trying to sign wingers from Sheff Utd ?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Not sure of the point. Are you suggesting we should have gone for him, or just we've not been successful in any transfer yet?

'Apparently' without a sauce is one of the most frustrating traits of NSC.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Derby are starting to looks certs to go up, let's hope their rookie manager turns out to be a bit useless. Whatever we think of Bridcutt he is absolute quality at this level.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I see some are still suffering from the 'he's left us so now he's shit' syndrome. Kayal has a long way to go before he makes the impact Bridcutt did - although the early signs are he could be as good a player for us...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure of the point. Are you suggesting we should have gone for him, or just we've not been successful in any transfer yet?

'Apparently' without a sauce is one of the most frustrating traits of NSC.

Kayal is far better.

Wouldn't want that sulky lack of focus back to be honest.
We have never adequately replaced him with a player of equal ability in his position. Ince is nowhere near as good nor is Kayal but Kayal is better more advanced up the field but not defensive midfield. I would take him back without hesitation.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We have never adequately replaced him with a player of equal ability in his position. Ince is nowhere near as good nor is Kayal but Kayal is better more advanced up the field but not defensive midfield. I would take him back without hesitation.

I agree BG! Don't see how people can say Kayal is better... Yet!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Kayal isn't the same player. Bridcutt was a DM that won the ball (often beautifully) then released the ball. Ince is that player but still has to learn he's still not quite as good as he thinks he is. Kayal would be the player you release the ball to to go forward. In a 1 up front, 2 wingers and three CMs formation, if we keep Stephens, Ince and Kayal fit and a pre-season under their belt we'll have a top 6 midfield.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Regardless of position, Kayal is a far more gifted footballer than Bridcutt.

Depends what you call 'footballer'. Distribution was one of Bridders weakest attributes. As player affectiveness goes, Kayal could well be as good as Bridders but I think it's fair to judge after another season. I certainly wouldn't say he's 'far better'. Bridders was our best and most important player in a very successful team at Withdean and the Amex...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here