Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10,000 dogs and puppies to be eaten on Sunday in China

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I know there are a lot of dog lovers and parents on this forum. I am asking if you can sign a petition urging the Chinese government to prevent a dog eating festival going ahead this Sunday. Just imagine the screams and pain these puppies and dogs will suffer if they go for the chop to be used in restaurants up and down the country. Pets are often stolen from households by gangs to sell to the butchers. Imagine your dog ending up in a chop suey or egg foo young! Please sign this petition, I urge you. Please save the puppies. Thank-you!

cutest-puppies-5.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I know there are a lot of dog lovers and parents on this forum. I am asking if you can sign a petition urging the Chinese government to prevent a dog eating festival going ahead this Sunday. Just imagine the screams and pain these puppies and dogs will suffer if they go for the chop to be used in restaurants up and down the country. Pets are often stolen from households by gangs to sell to the butchers. Imagine your dog ending up in a chop suey or egg foo young! Please sign this petition, I urge you. Please save the puppies. Thank-you!

cutest-puppies-5.jpg

Did this a few days ago.

Sign the petition that is....

Not devour a boil in the bag shiatsu....

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Why is a dog different from a pig, a cow, a chicken etc? Either object to all animals being eaten or none at all. Object to poor animal welfare if that is going on, and it probably is. But don't just tell some people in China that they cannot eat dog, because you think they are cuter in some way than other animals people happily eat.

PS. I am expecting an awful lot of thumbs down for this opinion, it is not going to be popular.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Could I ask all, animal lovers, dog lovers and parents to not eat lambs, chickens and piggies. Imagine the pain they go through to end up on our plates.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
If the Chinese want to eat, that's up to them. Got nowt to do with me, and it certainly isn't my business to tell the Chinese to stop eating them, because my culture doesn't. Just as it isn't my business to tell a Muslim to eat a cow, because my culture does.

They've been doing this for years, and they'll continue to do it for years.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Considering the population of China, that's not as many dogs per capita as we will eat chickens. Why the concern?

As Pantani said, by all means campaign against cruel methods, but not just because of what animal it is.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I do disagree with the "Pets are often stolen from households by gangs to sell to the butchers" bit*, but other than that I fail to see the problem with eating dogs. :shrug:

*Although there's a dog in my office I wouldn't mind handing over....

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
1.375 billion divided by 10,000. They are going to be pretty small portions. Particularly, if most are puppies.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
It's the fact that a lot of household pets get stolen that concerns me. Imagine if that happened in this country with pets going missing and ending up in a pot.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It's the fact that a lot of household pets get stolen that concerns me. Imagine if that happened in this country with pets going missing and ending up in a pot.

Might be worth keeping them indoors or on a lead until the Festival is over? Insurance must go sky high at this time.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Would a petition signed by Chinese people stop us eating lamb on a Sunday?

i mean, if we are going to use this logic. Why do people bother protesting bull fighting or pushing goats off the top of towers? If it's a custom or tradition in another country, why should we intervene?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Oh come on, where did you pull that one out of, you get a bit of rustling over here too.

I am dog owner and if I could snap my fingers and stop it and end all animal welfare issues I would, but surely you can see with this one it is hypocrisy of the highest order.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
i mean, if we are going to use this logic. Why do people bother protesting bull fighting or pushing goats off the top of towers? If it's a custom or tradition in another country, why should we intervene?

FOOD and you seem to want to stop the eating of, irrespective of any welfare issues.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why is a dog different from a pig, a cow, a chicken etc?

We have bred dogs over thousands of years to be loyal & loving companion animals. The other creatures you have mentioned have been bread for food, they don't trust us! Dogs have innate trust of humans, there is something upsetting about breaking that trust and understanding. I do understand your point though, should all animals not be treated equally?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Then campaign against that rather than dog eating - I assume by your original post that you also disagree with many fish festivals that happen in fishing communities ? So is it you see dogs differently from any other animal ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here