Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading's Pogrebnyak gets wage rise- now on £55k a week

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
:eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...g-hopes-changing-shirt-number-bring-luck.html

Yeah Daily Mail, I know. I will sum it up for those that don't want to click a Daily Mail link..

Basically Pogrebnyak had a clause in his contract that entitles him to a wage rise in the last year of his contract, and with his contract expiring next summer he is now on £55k a week, and is believed to be the second highest earner in the league after Scott Parker on £75,000 a week.

He scored 5 goals last season and reckons that swapping his shirt number is going to change his fortunes.......

Anton Ferdinand is rumoured to be earning around the £30k mark at Reading as well.

Also claims in the article that Bent is on £c22,500 at Derby.

No matter what the club are doing right or wrong elsewhere, I'd like to say thank **** we don't have average players on ludicrous wages like this..

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we had got him on a free, I think Bent would have been worth it. The other sums mentioned are ridiculous.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You can see now why Reading were extremely keen to sign Murray on £20k a week before Palarse decided not to sell him after his loan spell ended at The Madejski.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
:eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...g-hopes-changing-shirt-number-bring-luck.html

Yeah Daily Mail, I know. I will sum it up for those that don't want to click a Daily Mail link..

Basically Pogrebnyak had a clause in his contract that entitles him to a wage rise in the last year of his contract, and with his contract expiring next summer he is now on £55k a week, and is believed to be the second highest earner in the league after Scott Parker on £75,000 a week.

He scored 5 goals last season and reckons that swapping his shirt number is going to change his fortunes.......

Anton Ferdinand is rumoured to be earning around the £30k mark at Reading as well.

Also claims in the article that Bent is on £c22,500 at Derby.

No matter what the club are doing right or wrong elsewhere, I'd like to say thank **** we don't have average players on ludicrous wages like this..

Agustein was on circa 15k a week here. At least Pogrebnyak played, although I do understand your point.

Leon Best is on 35k a week (even if we weren't paying it all), still. I think that's more worrying than Darren Bent.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
And our saving it till our last minute dash on August 31st

Derby just signed up Andi Weimann from Villa along with the deals they've already agreed for Darren Bent, Alex Pearce and Scott Carson. And their squad last season was stronger than us in nearly every department as it was. Depressing.

Let's just hope we've bought in at least a couple of quality players before the training camp..

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Derby just signed up Andi Weimann from Villa along with the deals they've already agreed for Darren Bent, Alex Pearce and Scott Carson. And their squad last season was stronger than us in nearly every department as it was. Depressing.

Let's just hope we've bought in at least a couple of quality players before the training camp..

So why the hell have we still done nothing? There really is no excuse for our apparent inactivity on the transfer front. Anyone want a small wager with me that our first transfer of the Summer will be outwards?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So why the hell have we still done nothing? There really is no excuse for our apparent inactivity on the transfer front. Anyone want a small wager with me that our first transfer of the Summer will be outwards?

Because we are a bunch of skin flints, and have a board that refuses to accept they can no longer fund us to the level we are at. Where as Derby are spending and investing well, and actively looking to IMPROVE their term, where as we sold/released the spine of our squad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here