Page 606 of 617 FirstFirst ... 106506556596603604605606607608609616 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 6162

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Potter's surveying this thread to find out who to start wide right at Vicarage Road, can I make the case for March?
    Yes. Yes you can.

Will be intresting to see if we mainly go "inverted" on the wing or with players set so their natural foot is touchline side. Or if we "float".

My comment wasn't necessarily binary. I couldn't watch the game on the stream live on Saturday but it looked to me from the highlights like Knocky was cutting in from the right but that's also where Ali J popped up from with his assists. so not sure who was "playing" there - but they were the two RWs I could pick out from highlights.

Plus we don't know where Trossard will play. If Trossard is as good as I hope then Trossard, March and "a number 10" as the three behind the striker looks a good option.
    Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Yes. Yes you can.

Will be intresting to see if we mainly go "inverted" on the wing or with players set so their natural foot is touchline side. Or if we "float".

My comment wasn't necessarily binary. I couldn't watch the game on the stream live on Saturday but it looked to me from the highlights like Knocky was cutting in from the right but that's also where Ali J popped up from with his assists. so not sure who was "playing" there - but they were the two RWs I could pick out from highlights.

Plus we don't know where Trossard will play. If Trossard is as good as I hope then Trossard, March and "a number 10" as the three behind the striker looks a good option.
      In the Argus article I quoted Potter said how fluid all the attacking options were (not a dig, but I'll hazard a guess he didn't mean all!)

Saying it was a blessing - Attackers all over the place would be a nightmare to defend.
      but also a curse - Everyone running to the same place.

I know I'm asking far too much, but last season I was hoping for And One, Big Jurg and Ali popping up all over the place.
      Clearly that was too much to ask for a manager as disciplined as CH, and it's most definitely to much to ask of Potter.

I can still dream.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albumen View Post
      Wow that's some editing skills. I'm a fan of his potential (in an attacking team) but there's no way I'd compile a video of his last season!
      i wasnt sure if video was case for the prosecution or defense.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Yes. Yes you can.

I've heard there were a few formations used, but 4-2-3-1 seems to be used for the longest. I saw the highlights from the website, and there was some cutting in from Knockaert, but he started on the right. Jahanbakhsh was in the number 10/ACM role, but drifted out to the right for his two assists, which were both excellent long crosses. Note that when Gross has played that role, he often drifts out to the wings to influence play and create overloads, so it's probably not that surprising to see AJ do that.
      March has so much to his game, and he's one of my favourite players, but he really does need to improve his goal and assist (particularly from open play) return.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      I've heard there were a few formations used, but 4-2-3-1 seems to be used for the longest. I saw the highlights from the website, and there was some cutting in from Knockaert, but he started on the right. Jahanbakhsh was in the number 10/ACM role, but drifted out to the right for his two assists, which were both excellent long crosses. Note that when Gross has played that role, he often drifts out to the wings to influence play and create overloads, so it's probably not that surprising to see AJ do that.
      March has so much to his game, and he's one of my favourite players, but he really does need to improve his goal and assist (particularly from open play) return.
      I noticed that when Andone headed his goal, the nearest Albion player to him in the box was.....right-back Max Sanders!
      Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations - Updated per February 2019 Premier League Squad List

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Which is why you are my favourite poster on NSC. Accurate and up to date Albion facts, unadorned, and succinctly put. Use that as your next strapline
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      I love AZ's posts. So many ITK dicks on here, but he just posts FACT.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      Now we’re getting pedantic. Shit, shite, piss poor, crap are all one in the same. Sorry if it’s messing with your tracking spreadsheet but I think you get the message. I wasn’t impressed. The bit you’re continually failing to is that was then, next season is different. Fresh start. I sincerely hope he does well. Christ, we paid enough for him so let’s hope he comes good. From what I’ve seen I have severe reservations though because he was piss poor last season.
      There's nothing pedantic about it. You said you thought he was completely shit and I said I thought he had more to him than that. We'll find out soon enough.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thejackal View Post
      There's nothing pedantic about it. You said you thought he was completely shit and I said I thought he had more to him than that. We'll find out soon enough.
      But he WAS. LAST SEASON! (Emphasis on the past tense) Indeed, we shall find out more about him this forthcoming season but it ain’t going to change LAST is it? You know, when our record buy didn’t get an assist, a goal or probably even a staff discount in the shop.
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      But he WAS. LAST SEASON! (Emphasis on the past tense) Indeed, we shall find out more about him this forthcoming season but it ain’t going to change LAST is it? You know, when our record buy didn’t get an assist, a goal or probably even a staff discount in the shop.
      But he wasn't shit in every game, was he? Stop shouting and go to bed Malcolm.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      In the Argus article I quoted Potter said how fluid all the attacking options were (not a dig, but I'll hazard a guess he didn't mean all!)

https://www.nature.com/news/world-s-...t-last-1.13418

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thejackal View Post
      But he wasn't shit in every game, was he? Stop shouting and go to bed Malcolm.
      I’m only shouting because I thought you must be deaf. Sorry. You must be dim instead if you can’t differentiate. Will leave it up to you to decide, your prerogative. But he was generally. And who’s Malcolm?
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”