Page 486 of 624 FirstFirst ... 386436476483484485486487488489496536586 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,860 of 6238

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by seagullwedgee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can I just say something?!

Of course, Iím pleased itís now out there. Great signing, and another sustainable step on our journey from lower mid table to potential contenders.

Iím not an attention seeker. If I was, I probably would have averaged more than 3 posts per week for the last 13.5 years.

I have been a fan since 1975, Iíve lived in many places thousands of miles away, but once itís in your DNA....

Iíve been a fan for 43 years, and along with my 3 lads weíve just passed 90 years of fanhood.

I live 130 miles from Brighton. I grew up in the region, but for 30 years have lived a long way away. Between my family, for home and away games, we usually clock up 23,000 fan miles per season, or more.

I donít seek attention. I have some very very good sources, not just at BHAFC, but being as old as I am, at many other clubs as well.

The banter doesnít even touch my crocodile thick skin. To most, less seasoned and weathered than me, it might cause an ouch, but not me.

If you look at my posts, I donít tend to share opinion, but when I get something, I try to corroborate it, and then share it.

Most on here post opinion, thatís fine, thatís what boards are about. But itís not me.

I donít insult people, I donít question peopleís background or Ďresultsí. I just come on here to learn, and to share what I have learned.

Itís not my intention to waste peopleís time, I was once busy, and I know most are far too busy for that.

I retired age 50 as a multi-millionaire after 33+ years with one employer. One of my sons, for example, is the one holding the BHAFC flag on Channel 9 news in Melbourne, when Jo Konta progressed in the Oz open last time out.

We are a dyed in the wool family, who commit our entire lives to following the Albion. I have spent many many games in the board room, home and away, and have made great contacts.

When I get something I think is worth sharing, I always corroborate it, and consider the possible impacts, before sharing. It doesnít always work out, footie is far from an exact science, but TB is making it more of a science than anyone before him.

So, that just leaves me to apologise for aspects that donít turn out as nailed on. And to say, what you read in the Ďfactualí reports isnít always exactly what actually happened. Anyone who has read football insider books will know it is a very murky business, still.

So, thanks for all the feedback, I realise some headstrong youths full of passion will often sling dirt, thatís fine, it doesnít worry me. But for as long as I get something worth sharing, that has not already been shared, I will keep sharing it, and you can make of that what you will.

Thank you.

seagullwedgee
    I once heralded the arrival of Malcolm Poskett, so trust me, I know today is big shit!
    Hilarious if it turns out seagullwedgee is actually Tony Bloom

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PersianNYer15 View Post
      Hi Everyone,

Another Iranian Jahanbakhsh fan here
      Hi and welcome.

I hope I am accepted
      Accepted? Christ, I've been supporting us for over 30 years and I don't think I've been accepted by half the people here I think you're right, there are a lot of good people here, but you will get a few idiots with any club, so don't worry when you read posts from one of them.

Thanks for your comments on our new midfielder, he sounds like just the sort of person the club likes to sign. We've had quite a few really decent players here.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.

0 Not allowed!
      re the Iranian child brick worker - Could do a job and maybe it was his relatives that did Bournemouth's classy brick work at their stadium ?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albalbion View Post

I thought that at one point but i'm sure TB isn't the 'self harm' type.

Either way, it looks like he's been sent packing with a smacked arse.
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........

0 Not allowed!

He isn’t. Wedger says he retired at 50; TB is 48.
      2A
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Will he, AJ, be available to play some part in the Brum game if wanted. ie work permit grated and trained with us..

0 Not allowed!
      No he definitely isn't Tony Bloom.

He also uses another Brighton board.

I've removed the link to the other board, because I do not want this to become a witch hunt.
      Last edited by Thunder Bolt; 26-07-2018 at 13:00. Reason: Second thoughts.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by seagullsslimjim View Post
      The Tehran Times ...

http://www.tehrantimes.com/news/4252...ar-Jahanbakhsh

Matinís photos emerged, dressed in a white shirt with AZ Alkmaar and Iran star Alireza Jahanbakhsh's name etched in pen on the back. He gained online fame when one of the shots went viral.

The young boy met his football hero, Alireza Jahanbakhsh, in Khavarshahr, on the outskirts of Tehran.

Matin, a child of 5 who works at a brick kiln had said he wanted to meet Jahanbakhsh badly, and the Iran international winger used his social media to find him.

Jahanbakhsh went to Khavarshahr to meet Matin and his friends Younes, Pouria, Danial, Jaber, Benjamin, and Ali.

The Eredivisie top scorer presented them all with balls and shirts and also signed an autograph for Matin which read: ďTo dear Matin. I wish you the best of luck in your future.Ē

It is safe to say that the gift is one of the most precious presents Matin has ever received.

Jahanbakhsh encouraged the children to play football and then they played together a bit.

Jahanbakhsh also asked the children about their favorite footballer, ďMessi or Ronaldo?Ē Of course, the answer was Messi who enjoys more popularity in Iran.

The Iranian football star said his farewell to the children, but he fulfilled his promise by finding Matin and giving him his shirt. All power to Jahanbakhsh.
      Great story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Fresh Nappies wanted, CASH WAITING!
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by NEC-Nijmegen View Post
      Biggest newspaper in the Netherlands (Telegraaf) reports that Leicester City made a higher bid than Brighton in the end, but that Alireza had already made his choice, respecting Brighton's sustained interests and having a generally good feeling about the club.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/23516...n-hart-gekozen
      #FakeNews

Leicester were definitely not interested in signing Alireza. Ever. I read it on the internet (after he'd committed to the Albion)
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone1976 View Post

He isn’t. Wedger says he retired at 50; TB is 48.
      Ahh well, bang goes that theory.

I just enjoyed the image of Tony Bloom sitting at home trying to keep us secretly updated on the fly and then when there's glitches in whats going on he gets dogs abuse for it and told to do one