Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
McCleary, no thanks, we already have enough forward players who don't score goals. He would be another.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
said tongue in cheek with the Israeli /Iran connection

But then don't forget Kayal is a Muslim. Although probably the opposite denomination (if that's the right word in Islam).

Either way I'd imagine there's been bigger clashes of nationalities in teams before!

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
What is the point of agreeing a fee with a club if you have not already been given the nod by the agent/player that they are interested....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What is the point of agreeing a fee with a club if you have not already been given the nod by the agent/player that they are interested....

Because the player is registered with a club, and you have to get their permission before you can (legally) approach their player.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think in the future to save our sanity we (NSC) give the player a week to sign for us after we've agreed a fee. Any longer and we can safely say they ain't gonna sign for us and we'll move on, even if the club doesn't.

Only exception I think over the years was CMS who signed for us after a few weeks once a fee was agreed.

However, until Ali signs for another club I'll still hold out some hope he will join us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What is worrying is that when the club seems to be being positive - identifying a player they want, willing to splash out decent cash, coming to an agreement with the club - in fact doing all the things we want them to be doing - and then the player turns round and says, 'Brighton? ........................ Nah'.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What is worrying is that when the club seems to be being positive - identifying a player they want, willing to splash out decent cash, coming to an agreement with the club - in fact doing all the things we want them to be doing - and then the player turns round and says, 'Brighton? ........................ Nah'.
To be honest the club should sometimes be over ambitious with signings. We'd never have got Vicente if we weren't.

It doesn't always work, and agents will play us, but at least the club have done their best. And the key is we've set a deadline, and not been strung along dancing to an agent's tune for too long.

We move on, don't look back, but let's for our sanity get some of the signings over the line soon.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What's the betting that he ends up going to another Championship club - one perhaps that he sees as having more ambition.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth

this seems that we made an offer .. his agent is trying to use us to get a better deal,... we've set a deadline and he wants longer so we have said no..its got nothing to do with who we are. id rather we said no and moved on.. this is typical agent bha offered xxxxx what will you offer.. good on the club ..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
everyone seem to assume its a matter of money, i read from the two articles posted that its likley he want to hold out for Premier League. think about that in case he comes back in July.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Quite possibly. The danger for the player is that no PL club may come along, in the meantime we have looked and got someone else. Could leave the player in a position where he didn't want to be.

everyone seem to assume its a matter of money, i read from the two articles posted that its likley he want to hold out for Premier League. think about that in case he comes back in July.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here