Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not to say this is reputable at all, but this post that went up a few minutes ago claims the big three Belgian sides are after him:

http://www.footgoal.net/final_suite.php?selection=103418

"The young Iranian striker Alireza Jahanbakhsh evolves for two seasons at NEC Nijmegen and the player would now take the next step in his career. After scoring 12 goals in the late season, it now involves several clubs including Anderlecht, the Club Brugge and Standard Liege.

The three major Belgian clubs, the Standard Liege Anderlecht and Club Brugge , seem to have a common goal. The three courses are on the trail of Iranian striker, 21, Alireza Jahanbakhsh . After beginning his career in his country club Damash Gilan , he was transferred to the Netherlands in July 2013 by signing for NEC Nijmegen . Author of a great 2014/2015 season with 12 goals on the clock, it is now ready to take a further step in his career."

No doubt more stellar work from his agent..

D

Deleted member 22389

Money, money, money. It will eventually ruin the game, well it's already started hasn't it.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I understand we have him a time ultimatum. If he wants to keep fannying around then isn't it right we move on?

Agree we need to move on, but I hope this is not a couple of weeks wasted and we are now starting from zero again as regards the next target. We need to see progress soon as regards incoming I would suggest before the unhappy minority of the fans base grows. Lets be honest as it stands right now we have a relegation squad and are 6 or more signings away from changing that.

D

Deleted member 22389

He needs time to see who will pay him the most money, probably.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Where have you seen this?

The same Gareth McCleary who was winding-up the crowd whilst warming up for Reading the season before last? I hope not.

Just another Twitter rumour but if we gave Ali a deadline it makes sense we have other targets and would move on them. Whether or not it proves to be McLeary time will tell but he would certainly be a logical target. 2 years to run on his contract and seemingly settled at Reading (if winding up opposing fans is a measure) . He wouldn't come cheap.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Like previously suspected his agent has played us like a fiddle.

I did wonder why we were interested in McCleary earlier, so our 2million bid must have gone in once we realised Ali was messing around.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Any player who, after all this time, is happy to miss pre-season doesn't deserve the job.
He's still under contract, so will do pre season at his current club, like Ulloa did last summer.

Disappointing, but good news that we're not pissing about and putting all efforts into one player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here