Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agreed. Fascinating few months ahead......he could be jettisoned as a dud by Christmas, or we could be fending off £50m bids after his 12 goals and 14 assists.........

I still genuinely have no idea which is most likely.

haha.

Hopefully we will see a significant improvement from the lad. Shouldn't be hard, after all.

But of your two scenarios I think it is safe to say which is MORE likely.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agreed. Fascinating few months ahead......he could be jettisoned as a dud by Christmas, or we could be fending off £50m bids after his 12 goals and 14 assists.........

I still genuinely have no idea which is most likely. I’m tending towards him being very good......Tony’s analytics team don’t recommend spunking 17m without some backup.

You don't have any idea which is more likely....did you watch all his performances this season with your eyes closed?

I'll be delighted if he bags a load of goals and assists, I do have an opinion on which is more likely though...

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It does make quite the difference. I wonder how differently his Albion career would be going if one of his long range efforts had gone in. He had one dip just over and another cannon back off the bar.. if either of those find the net then his perception is totally different.

Spanish Dave comes to mind a little bit with Jahanbakhsh, and the CLASSIC thread, "what does he do?". At the time of posting, that made sense. But then came the game where Dave found himself at right back and all of a sudden it just seemed to click for him - he became a force on our right wing and then started chipping in with goals and assists. What man, what a legend. I honestly believe the Jahanbakhsh story will be very different.

Worst case scenario, I can retire my green Jahanbakhsh 16 shirt along with the yellow David 21 shirt. :albion:

Didn't he hit the bar twice for us from range? Once at home and once in his otherwise totally inept performance away at Everton?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You don't have any idea which is more likely....did you watch all his performances this season with your eyes closed?

I'll be delighted if he bags a load of goals and assists, I do have an opinion on which is more likely though...
I didn't watch every game but got to 30-odd
Our tactics were dreadful at times
He was played out of position
Plenty of others looked shite too
We'll see.....

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We'll see.....

For many people there is an awful lot riding on players being:
shackled
played out of position
tactics

At the end of the day, they still had responsibility for their performances once they crossed that line.

I hope Potter isn't under too much pressure too quickly to deliver real notable transformations to our performances. If he gets us to a points total we got at Xmas last season, we should be delighted.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For many people there is an awful lot riding on players being:
shackled
played out of position
tactics

At the end of the day, they still had responsibility for their performances once they crossed that line.

I hope Potter isn't under too much pressure too quickly to deliver real notable transformations to our performances. If he gets us to a points total we got at Xmas last season, we should be delighted.

For the whole season? No. He and Ashworth have been brought in to do better than we did last term. Evolve. Progress.

Where I agree is that I think it’s inevitable we’ll have a slow start as his tactics bed in. I’d actually like us to get some of the top 6 early on as there won’t be any expectations against them, we can pick up points against the others later and one performance like Swansea’s against City in the cup will make everyone team Brighton again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We'll see.....

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Indeed. I'm still in team Ali J. I didn't divorce my first wife after she cooked one shite meal.

Oh, hang on. Sorry. I did :facepalm:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For the whole season? No. He and Ashworth have been brought in to do better than we did last term. Evolve. Progress.

Where I agree is that I think it’s inevitable we’ll have a slow start as his tactics bed in. I’d actually like us to get some of the top 6 early on as there won’t be any expectations against them, we can pick up points against the others later and one performance like Swansea’s against City in the cup will make everyone team Brighton again.

Well yes, obviously we don't want a repeat of the points haul post Xmas to the finish.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points about the bedding in period, and the preferred fixture list.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Notices this thread has reappeared.
Excitedly opens it.
Scrolls up anxiously looking for news he's on his way.
Ends up disappointed.

You utter ********.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I still genuinely have no idea which is most likely. I’m tending towards him being very good......Tony’s analytics team don’t recommend spunking 17m without some backup.

Talk about setting yourself up for a fall.

I rarely gamble, but I'd bet heavily on that either-or.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Excitedly opens it.
Ends up disappointed.

You utter ********.

Yep, thats what i was hoping for too.

I am willing to wait and see how he performs under a new coach and a new system BUT lets not kid ourselves that he looked like a premier league footballer, not even for one game.

Yes he was played on the left and prefers the right but so do Solly and Knocky, and neither of them look terrible when they have to play on the left, not as good imho, but still do a job. Every time ive bothered to watch Iran, admittedly not often, they hhave also played him on the left and he hasn't impressed me for them either.

Here's hoping he stuns us all next season, there have been glimpses, but i expect far more than glimpses out of a Premier league footballer.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Excitedly opens it.
Ends up disappointed.

You utter ********.

That's a bit strong isn't it?

A poor first season in a new and very challenging league, with only stop start appearances, in a team playing very poorly.

I have no problem with being critical of his start with us, but this post in bordering on mean.

While he wears the blue and white we should try to be supportive.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Ali scores.
If Ali's debut goal is at the AMEX.

I absolutely need to be there.

The thought of an Albion player scoring at home and the goal being met with near silence and murmurings of utter contempt will be fantastic and not to be missed.

Something like this would be nice:-

[tweet]1136665080307732480[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here