Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
He was utter gash. Most in the gazebo stand behind the goal seems to be just laughing at his hapless touch. And he was physically completely shot to bits in the last 15. None of this can have escaped the boss. He was off the pace mentally and physically, and his impact on the game extended to one wildly deflected shot, which he was so so slooowwww to get away (anyone else would have launched it without a slide block coming in).

I’m sorry to say that those there last night would have you in a very very small minority if you thought his performance was “good”. Last night he was crap, and that’s all I’ve seen since he joined. Get rid, and take the massive financial hit, because there simply cannot be another mug out there willing to pay an 8 figure sum for such an ordinary unfit player.

Wrong

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
There were a few openly shouting abuse at the chap, which is bang out of order. But I don’t think laughter between themselves at his continuous loss of possession, when everyone else was running themselves into the ground, crosses the border into bad fan territory.

Those 'laughing' and shouting abuse were the same ones who watch a football match through their phone screens......Ive never understood why young people want to film themselves ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the club will bin him off when this thread reaches 1,000,000 views.

Nearly there...

Are you saying we're singing Callari? (sp)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
He was utter gash. Most in the gazebo stand behind the goal seems to be just laughing at his hapless touch. And he was physically completely shot to bits in the last 15. None of this can have escaped the boss. He was off the pace mentally and physically, and his impact on the game extended to one wildly deflected shot, which he was so so slooowwww to get away (anyone else would have launched it without a slide block coming in).

I’m sorry to say that those there last night would have you in a very very small minority if you thought his performance was “good”. Last night he was crap, and that’s all I’ve seen since he joined. Get rid, and take the massive financial hit, because there simply cannot be another mug out there willing to pay an 8 figure sum for such an ordinary unfit player.

I was in the gazebo. From my perspective

(a) he was up for it - ran around tirelessly - made some mistakes, but generally I thought this was because he was trying TOO hard. Not a bad fault, as long as he can relax a bit when he gets more game time. I don't think you can accuse Locadia of trying too hard!;
(b) he won the ball back, then had the deflected shot that led to our first goal;
(c) he was up to speed with a fast, relatively frenetic match - ok, it was only Bristol Rovers, but they were no mugs last night.

He's obviously taking time to adapt to the English game, but from what I've seen he IS adapting. He may never justify his transfer fee, but he still deserves a chance.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I agree I thought he was ok last night, often got behind their defence and seemed to enjoy running at players.....UNFORTUNATELY some people just want to dislike the guy whatever he does...

They kept mentioning his name a lot, he kept getting on the ball. He seems very good positionally, just needs to recreate his goal scoring and assisting that have been so successful in Holland and in training. It’s probably only a good run of starts in the team that will get him there (plus some Potter magic).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In the Premier League, it is 4 - twice.

If you include FA Cup games, it is 6.

Hardly enough to settle in imo. The team changed completely for the cup games too?

In a struggling team relying on defence in the league games, particularly.

I hope he gets the chance to put a decent run together, gonna have to rely on injury, suspension or lack of form of a first teamer though.

I’m pretty well alone here aren’t I ?!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hardly enough to settle in imo. The team changed completely for the cup games too?

Though, that is probably more games than some scouts use to select a possible signings. Certainly in our recent times I know of a scout that has decided based on one game and another that went for three.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Though, that is probably more games than some scouts use to select a possible signings. Certainly in our recent times I know of a scout that has decided based on one game and another that went for three.

No need to have a dig at Ben’s Grandad :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I hope he gets the chance to put a decent run together, gonna have to rely on injury, suspension or lack of form of a first teamer though.

Yep, even Graham Potter just left the room...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

You know you're not sweet pea.

I'm not writing another blank cheque, for him, but I like him to get a decent enough chance to fail.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're nothing if not loyal to the ones you want to give a chance to. :thumbsup:

Loyal
Blind faith
Rank stupidity

Call it what you like, there just has to be more, in there, somewhere.

3 years of scouting, private jets and bidding wars Shirley can't result in a player who has exactly the same stats as...

...me.

It just can't.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

utterly pointless to judge ali, or his potential on last season,
the chap ought to be given a decent chance

. I hardly think it's reasonable to judge him in one game, with a much changed line up, at inferior opposition. But even saying that, what more do you want? He got a shot off which led to the first goal, that shows a glimpse of his game when he's on form.
Erm, I think people are judging him on countless games. The fact that he 'got the shot off' is just another reason why people don't rate him. Connolly is pointing to exactly where Ali should be passing it but he's only interested in trying to prove himself as a goal scorer. TBF, I also had to have this pointed out to me...

https://streamja.com/QNp9

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Erm, I think people are judging him on countless games. The fact that he 'got the shot off' is just another reason why people don't rate him. Connolly is pointing to exactly where Ali should be passing it but he's only interested in trying to prove himself as a goal scorer. TBF, I also had to have this pointed out to me...

https://streamja.com/QNp9

Blimey by that logic Ali is even better than your average Iranian, wandering around downtown Tehran, would have us believe.

Thanks to Mooy the only way Ali was getting that pass off, in front of Connelly, while still onside, was to pinball it off a Rovers player arse.

The guy's a freakin genius.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
utterly pointless to judge ali, or his potential on last season,
the chap ought to be given a decent chance

He is being given a decent chance. He’s had pre-season, friendlies and now a league cup game to impress the new manager. Are you suggesting Potter puts him in even if he hasn’t been impressed with what he’s seen so far?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here