Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did as well as could be expected imo. Hope he gets some more game time. How many players low on confidence come into a game and play a blinder? Gross irritated me today but I won’t write him off on one game, why should I do that to AJ in his first game playing Potterball?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Nothing against Ali J, but we has never changed a game for us and Murray never will again. This game shows we are short of serious options off the bench.

The squad is 2 or 3 light

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ali showed a few nice touches today and it was clear he was desperate to impress. I hope he can get another chance

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Did as well as could be expected imo. Hope he gets some more game time. How many players low on confidence come into a game and play a blinder? Gross irritated me today but I won’t write him off on one game, why should I do that to AJ in his first game playing Potterball?

First touch after coming on was poor, but then after that he did okay.

In fact all of the above for me.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Jahanbaksh? JahanaTRASH seems a better name. Flipping useless.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He scored a goal every other game at AZ.
Based on this, I cannot believe there isn’t a lot more there than we have seen so far.
Maybe he just needs a goal....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Based on today (and most of the second half of last season) the sooner he goes, the better. I'll fly the useless sack of shit back to Tehran myself.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nothing against Ali J, but we has never changed a game for us and Murray never will again. This game shows we are short of serious options off the bench.

The squad is 2 or 3 light

Sums it up for me.

That Ali J was one of the two changes we made to try and win the game, given Potter hasn't let him kick a ball in the Premier League before, speaks volumes for the options we've got (or haven't got) right now going forward.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
needs to be loaned out to a championship team to see if he can regain his confidence. As a good championship player we might get £5 million back a very good one one he would get more

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That Ali J was one of the two changes we made to try and win the game, given Potter hasn't let him kick a ball in the Premier League before, speaks volumes for the options we've got (or haven't got) right now going forward.
Connolly, Izquierdo and March all out injured at the moment, and Trossard seemingly not able to manage 90 minutes yet, means we're a little short of options.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wont be disappointed if that is the last time that he wears our striped shirt. He offered nothing when he came on and so it is understandable what Andy Naylor tweeted about looking for a loan for him in January, probably back to Holland.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Even when Izzy, Bernardo, Connolly, March are fit? Those four players alone are cover for almost every position.

Then there is Bissouma, Balogun, Bong, Schelotto, Baluta.

We have by far the best squad depth we've had in the Premier League so far, with or without Ali J.

I'll guess you've been following us for a while. Have you ever known a time when the entire squad is fit and available for selection? By the time we get our injured players back, probably 2 or 3 others will have gone down. Just the way it is.

Bernardo is fit apparently, Izquierdo there's no date on and who knows if he'll ever be the same again

Most of the other players you list, GP, obviously doesn't want to play them

This match was screaming for us to rotate 3 or 4 out, because of the short turnaround, but we just don't have the same quality to bring in. By the end, we were seriously puffing, We have more short turnarounds coming up. I think we are about 3 players (who the manager trusts) short

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Not very nice way to describe an Albion player, surely? Or any other human being for that matter.

Take a long look at yourself in the mirror.

Wasn't your 20 mill that was wasted was it? Most frustrating Albion player since Richard Tiltman. No pace, no strength and can't pass.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
e​
His touch let him down a few times, but he did fight back and won the ball back, his link up with a
Safe wasn't bad at all. He's,clearly very low on big match confidence.

He was average along with the general the team performance.

No one seems to have a bard word to say about Murray, he's on a different planet pace wise now. Bizarre and negative substitution.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sublime and ridiculous in one. Did a couple of really poor, rusty things, but then shows his technique with that touch to keep the ball in play when the ball was blasted at him. Genuine class, that. My worry is whether his classy touches merely decorate a game, and don’t actually impact on it.

Nice to see him FINALLY played in correct position. Hope he gets a few more cameos to settle in there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Sublime and ridiculous in one. Did a couple of really poor, rusty things, but then shows his technique with that touch to keep the ball in play when the ball was blasted at him. Genuine class, that. My worry is whether his classy touches merely decorate a game, and don’t actually impact on it.

Nice to see him FINALLY played in correct position. Hope he gets a few more cameos to settle in there.

If you haven't got technique you won't end up anywhere near a Premier League squad of 25. Perhaps only Duffy out of our entire first team lacks a subtle touch. Webster has struggled for it once or twice. Else we have a 6ft 7 left back who can complete a take down in match conditions that earned applause from Aguero and countless others who seem to be able to Cruyff turn on command. Most of them don't get knocked off the ball more often than I have a pre-match pint and get outpaced by a defence with 80 minutes in their legs on a wet pitch.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Blimey, so you funded the transfer. Thanks, what a fan :bowdown:

Although, if you didn’t your opinion is worth no more than anyone else’s

I didn't. It's a fair cop guv :lolol:

I know what I'd be calling someone who cost me that amount though. And that's the minimum Tony will lose on him. And that is "dead money". If you think about it, our operating loss last reported was basically an Alireza Jahnabakhsh.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I didn't. It's a fair cop guv :lolol:

I know what I'd be calling someone who cost me that amount though. And that's the minimum Tony will lose on him. And that is "dead money". If you think about it, our operating loss last reported was basically an Alireza Jahnabakhsh.

You're not going to get them all right though are you. Some work out and some don't

The fact that we are actually quite good, (this is the best Brighton team i've ever seen) says to me that we're doing ok recruitment-wise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here