Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Just been rated as 4 for performance in the Argus player ratings for last night. I don't recall Naylor ever being that scathing about a player.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That’s not true. Feyenoord, Alkmaar, Utrecht and possibly quite a few others would tear us apart. The only reason why you have this perception is because players come here from the Eredivisie. But it’s only because of the money and the opportunity to go to the world’s greatest stadiums.

I suggest you actually watch some Dutch football before making these comments. As somebody who watches both, I can tell you the quality is really not that bad.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

You’re clutching at straws none of those you’ve mentioned would finish in the top third of the championship.

(In terms of turning us over, Millwall nearly did, and they’re near the bottom of the Championship, so it wouldn’t be difficult).

I have watched it (mostly on TV) and it’s pedestrian, more time and space which is why people are easily fooled and quote things like ‘great technique’.

It is a shadow of its former self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He has played there - in the replay against West Brom’s reserves. He wasn’t very good there, either :shrug:

Ah, once. Fair enough, phew, I was worried that we hadn't spent much time playing him in his right position (he actually played quite well that day, as I recall.)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes. His form/performance is criticised. Not his actual fitness to play for the Albion, ever again. I can't recall jokes about driving him up to Burnley going unchallenged. This is a bloody lynch mob. There were plenty of crap performances tonight. The first was the one in the dug out.

DS is getting abuse beyond football, see yet another negative thread about DS today eg post #62.

Not condining it from any poster, but the type of posts you mention are also targeted against British players.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've only missed one home game all season and I don't think I've yet seen Ali J try to skin the full back while running at full pelt down the wing.

I've seen glimpses from Andone, Locadia, Bissouma of what they can do but Ali J is still a complete mystery.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That’s not true. Feyenoord, Alkmaar, Utrecht and possibly quite a few others would tear us apart. The only reason why you have this perception is because players come here from the Eredivisie. But it’s only because of the money and the opportunity to go to the world’s greatest stadiums.

I suggest you actually watch some Dutch football before making these comments. As somebody who watches both, I can tell you the quality is really not that bad.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

When you watch Ali's highlights reel from YouTube, two things stand out;

1. He is given acres of time and space on the ball. Something you pretty much never see in the Prem.

2. Some of the defending and goalkeeping is genuinely comical. League One standard at best.

Practically all players we've had in from the Dutch league say the same thing when they come here; "It's a much quicker, more physical league. It will take me time to get up to the pace of the league but I'm sure once I....etc etc."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ah, once. Fair enough, phew, I was worried that we hadn't spent much time playing him in his right position (he actually played quite well that day, as I recall.)

Along with Locadia he has been written off whilst never having had a run in his natural position. I look forward to seeing both play under a manager who doesn’t try and push square pegs into round holes whilst being immune from criticism until last Saturday from most of the fan base.

To call either “shitehouse” when they have been played the way they have in a team with no idea how to attack is really unjust imo

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Along with Locadia he has been written off whilst never having had a run in his natural position. I look forward to seeing both play under a manager who doesn’t try and push square pegs into round holes whilst being immune from criticism until last Saturday from most of the fan base.

To call either “shitehouse” when they have been played the way they have in a team with no idea how to attack is really unjust imo

Absolutely. It's daft. The annoying thing is you can see exactly what's going to happen. Watch with SHOCK as both magically transform into good players again when we sell them on to other sides.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely. It's daft. The annoying thing is you can see exactly what's going to happen. Watch with SHOCK as both magically transform into good players again when we sell them on to other sides.

Just not Bournemouth please :smile:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I thought the same as you.....and if you watch him, he seems to naturally drift inside.....tad strange why he didn't play there more while PG was injured

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
DS is getting abuse beyond football, see yet another negative thread about DS today eg post #62.

Not condining it from any poster, but the type of posts you mention are also targeted against British players.

I won’t even go on that thread, it’s sad

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
At the moment, it looks like we've wasted a lot of money, he was poor again last night. I hope he turns it around next season if he is still here. His final ball choices are baffling sometimes. Last night he had a great chance to earn us an easy corner by cannoning the ball off the last defender, but instead of attempting to do so, he just ran the ball over the line and out of play.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It looks like he has lost all confidence. It seems like a lot of his mistakes last night came from indecision as to what to do rather than due to a lack of ability.

I feel like we are not playing in a way that is aimed at getting the best out of our wide players at the moment. There's been plenty of occasions where a simple, quick ball out wide would allow one of our wingers an opportunity to create something, but we either dither and the chance to play the pass is lost, or we play it inside. It's extremely frustrating to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here