Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
I think we might be almost down to single figures of Albion fans wanting to see AJ get a run in an adventurous Albion side
Quote Originally Posted by Horton's halftime iceberg View Post
I am one of the 10 looking forward to seeing him play again in Potter Ball.
Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
I'm still standing.
So am I.

I would love to see him start twice in a row as the right forward to get a good look at him. Ten and twenty minute end of the game showing are not really useful to evaluate a player. GP's plan for JB has been to compete for the RWB position with Montoya and that is the position he has been playing at practices. This may be changing with Trossard's injury.

There is very little chance of him starting this weekend though as he is coming back from international duty and will only have a Friday practice with the team before Saturday's game.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Who hates him? Odd thing to say. :shrug:

I wrote ‘haters’ in the way someone like Taylor Swift might use the phrase, almost superficially. I’m talking about people who continually criticise someone using social media with nothing positive to say about them.

I don’t think any true Brighton fans actually hate any of our players, former or otherwise, except for maybe Leon Best and perhaps Kemy Agustien . . . . . then there’s Leon Knight who splits opinions and then we have Stockdale who wasn’t too popular when he wanted out. . . . . . . . ........

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If he couldn’t make that 18 with who we had on the bench something is seriously wrong.

On a side note, I assume Bernardo and Montoya were injured...?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t think he’s going to get a game unless we lose half the first team

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe you've got those two the wrong way round?

You're assuming Ali J wasn't injured but that Bernardo or Montoya weren't dropped for tactical reasons.

Possibly, but I assumed as Bozza had posted what he did there hadn’t been a word on him? Just read Potter’s interview and he mentioned a few injuries...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Possibly, but I assumed as Bozza had posted what he did there hadn’t been a word on him? Just read Potter’s interview and he mentioned a few injuries...
Well. If ali j isn't injured, and he can't get on the bench ahead of 3 players who have barely played senior football, he is finished here

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Well. If ali j isn't injured, and he can't get on the bench ahead of 3 players who have barely played senior football, he is finished here
I thought exactly the same myself as soon as I saw the team sheet, although you wonder why he wasn't shipped out on loan because I believe there was at least one Dutch Erdeveise club interested. Maybe GP intends to start him against Villa.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ali came back from international duty with an issue, so reports of his demise are a little premature.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hopefully he'll be over his issue come the weekend. I'm ironing my Jahanbakhsh replica shirt as we speak in preparation for the game!

Save your iron, he's not traveling to Newcastle.

Were Timmy here you'd know already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here