Page 605 of 618 FirstFirst ... 105505555595602603604605606607608615 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 6174

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't been anything like as critical of Knockaert (note the spelling, how long has he been here for?) as people have been of Jahanbakhsh. And there's a big difference between the two in terms of the team being set up to benefit one at the expense of the other, and fans choosing to overlook the reality because of past glories. If Knockaert was a new signing last summer and performed as he did, he'd be getting slated. But we all like the guy because of his performances in the Championship - he was THE reason (along with Murray) that we got promoted that season. That will ALWAYS be his legacy, much like Hughton. When the dust settles in 10 years and we're reminiscing about this team, there will only be positives about Knockaert, Hughton, et al. But even so, it doesn't mean we have to blind to the limitations of these guys.

If you're asking, I think Jahanbakhsh is far superior to Knockaert. I'm confident that will be justified before the end of the season and I believe Jahanbakhsh will match Knockaert's goals and assists contribution from the last 2 seasons in this season alone. We all know this thread will get bounced all over the place this season - we'll soon know whether this is insightful, or nonsense.
    Wow, that's quite a claim.

Luckily I'll be able to track your confidence at various parkruns or after race booze ups rather than just bouncing the thread again. I have to say that I'm nowhere near as confident. For me it's not about the style of play, it's about a lack of pace and strength that I simply don't see being resolved. It's like asking me to run sub 42 minute 10ks and bench press twice my own weight. Not going to happen in this lifetime. But I make up for it in enthusiasm and getting my round in and Ali J certainly has good technique and a nice right foot. I'm not convinced it's enough at PL level but we'll see.

A long (and slightly in-jokey) way of saying that if I was the boss and my career depended on it I would start Knockaert at wide right in the season opener, not Jahanbakhsh.
    Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      If you're asking, I think Jahanbakhsh is far superior to Knockaert. I'm confident that will be justified before the end of the season and I believe Jahanbakhsh will match Knockaert's goals and assists contribution from the last 2 seasons in this season alone. We all know this thread will get bounced all over the place this season - we'll soon know whether this is insightful, or nonsense.
      Having given AK a full season head start (brave move)

Ali has to surpass 5 (five) goals and 7 assists - Not exactly earth shattering, but nevertheless either target has appeared beyond him so far.

Oh and for the completists

AK has played in 63 games for a total of 4,256 minutes.
      In which time he also managed 7 yellow and 2 red cards.
      ďMelancholy is incompatible with bicycling.Ē James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by perseus View Post
      he doesn't covet the ball enough
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Are we on a mission to get this thread over 1 000 000 views?
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!

0 Not allowed!
      I firmly believe he's going to be remembered as one of our better players - after a dreadful first season. It wouldn't be the first time.
      It would be his third time to be precise and youíre right to believe heíll do it. His first season stats on transfermarkt with his previous two clubs were poor, he then turned into the best player. Iím not worried about his pace, strength, height, aggression etc; he is all about making goals happen, either by scoring or creating. If he canít do that this season, Iíll make my judgement and Iíll want him out.
      :guitar:

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thejackal View Post
      Well, we're all entitled to our own view but the pundits at the beeb don't agree with you because they gave him MOM, and I thought he was one of our best players that day so I'm happy to defend my 'blinder' comment. Also, everything I have read about the guy is that he is two-footed. He's definitely not too slow, as a look at his vids from AZ demonstrate. I'll just leave that at 3 areas of disagreement ;-)
      The pundits at the BBC...
      ďEverything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know itís going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!Ē
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      He's way more into getting the assists than scoring the goal himself, so I really don't know if he'll score much this season but he will have a good amount of assists.

0 Not allowed!
      Well, we're all entitled to our own view but the pundits at the beeb don't agree with you because they gave him MOM, and I thought he was one of our best players that day so I'm happy to defend my 'blinder' comment. Also, everything I have read about the guy is that he is two-footed. He's definitely not too slow, as a look at his vids from AZ demonstrate. I'll just leave that at 3 areas of disagreement ;-)
      A look at his ACTUAL GAMES in the EPL suggest he's way off the pace. It's just possible that the defenders here are quicker.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

1 Not allowed!
      That's not strictly true, is it? You said he was utter shitehouse, not a prem player, total crap etc. I said he was poor in most games and pretty good in two or three.

I also hope he improves this season but the big difference is that I expect him to do well. Not all players excel in their first season in the prem, foreign or otherwise.
      Now weíre getting pedantic. Shit, shite, piss poor, crap are all one in the same. Sorry if itís messing with your tracking spreadsheet but I think you get the message. I wasnít impressed. The bit youíre continually failing to is that was then, next season is different. Fresh start. I sincerely hope he does well. Christ, we paid enough for him so letís hope he comes good. From what Iíve seen I have severe reservations though because he was piss poor last season.
      ďEverything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know itís going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!Ē
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      A long (and slightly in-jokey) way of saying that if I was the boss and my career depended on it I would start Knockaert at wide right in the season opener, not Jahanbakhsh.
      If Potter's surveying this thread to find out who to start wide right at Vicarage Road, can I make the case for March?