Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I really think we need to address the lack of pace in the squad for next season.

If we want to play the way I think CH wants us to then pace pace pace is the only way.

If I had to rank our attacking players for pace right now I’d say:

Izqueirdo - explosive pace
Andone - sustained pace
Bissouma
March
Locadia
Ali J
Bernardo
Kayal

It worries me that only two of those is probably a guaranteed starter as far as CH is concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Didn’t NSC decide he was also a bit shit in the first couple of months he was here?

No.

There was plenty of snap assesments, based on his very first game - when he took far too long on the ball, and couldn't cope with Man City's speed of play (who can?). He very, very quickly got a handle on the pace of the league, and only a thicket or two failed to quickly realise that he is an excellent addition.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Locadia has needed a season to settle in and AJ will probably do the same - they've both come from the Eredivisie which is a level under the English game. Confident we'll see a different bolder player net season.
In which division?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
After Alireza had played a couple of games, I dubbed him a '£17m Solly March'. That wasn't a sleight - I love Solly March. It was an observation that their playing style / risk-averse mindset is similar. On form to date though, the comparison does March rather a disservice - he's quicker, harder working, more direct, and has the dead-ball delivery in his armoury.

My wife hasn't taken to AJ either, and she's a decent judge... She's convinced he is more concerned with his male grooming and his number of instagram followers, than producing on the pitch. A 'bit of a Prince' is how she refers to him. Alireza Jahanbaksh - the Prince of Persia.

Personally, I don't think he is a bad player - just hasn't shown anything out of the ORDINARY. For £17m surely we are entitled to the odd flash of genius / inspiration? Maybe at this level, £17m is just what 'ordinary' costs? :shrug:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
After Alireza had played a couple of games, I dubbed him a '£17m Solly March'. That wasn't a sleight - I love Solly March. It was an observation that their playing style / risk-averse mindset is similar. On form to date though, the comparison does March rather a disservice - he's quicker, harder working, more direct, and has the dead-ball delivery in his armoury.

My wife hasn't taken to AJ either, and she's a decent judge... She's convinced he is more concerned with his male grooming and his number of instagram followers, than producing on the pitch. A 'bit of a Prince' is how she refers to him. Alireza Jahanbaksh - the Prince of Persia.

Personally, I don't think he is a bad player - just hasn't shown anything out of the ORDINARY. For £17m surely we are entitled to the odd flash of genius / inspiration? Maybe at this level, £17m is just what 'ordinary' costs? :shrug:

Hopefully not lost on many (although it clearly is) we’ve bought him to occupy a slot on the wing when he has absolutely starred in a free role across the front three in an inferior league.

We’re not comparing apples with apples here.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hopefully not lost on many (although it clearly is) we’ve bought him to occupy a slot on the wing when he has absolutely starred in a free role across the front three in an inferior league.

We’re not comparing apples with apples here.

I know I can be a bit naive but I wonder what would happen if we bought a player to fill a position he has played all his life and let him get on with it. You know, like we did with Knockaert, Duffy, Murray and one or two others.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

End of thread then.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If we want to play the way I think CH wants us to then pace pace pace is the only way.

If I had to rank our attacking players for pace right now I’d say:

Izqueirdo - explosive pace
Andone - sustained pace
Bissouma
March
Locadia
Ali J
Bernardo
Kayal

It worries me that only two of those is probably a guaranteed starter as far as CH is concerned.

Bernardo is quicker than the 3 above him

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
he's convinced he is more concerned with his male grooming and his number of instagram followers, than producing on the pitch. A 'bit of a Prince' is how she refers to him. Alireza Jahanbaksh - the Prince of Persia.

It's Iranian men...

Iran-players-in-smart-suits.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Wouldn't it be nice if Alireza played a blinder at the King Power Stadium and showed Leicester what a great player they missed out on? .

No, me neither.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn't it be nice if Alireza played a blinder at the King Power Stadium and showed Leicester what a great player they missed out on? .

No, me neither.

I hope he does...

...we'll need to sell him somewhere, in the Summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here