Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Surprised at some of the reactions here.

I for one would be very disappointed to see AJ leave. It feels like he turned a corner with us with his goal against Bournemouth and a world class goal vs Chelsea. His reward for an exciting bit of form was to then be dropped from the squad.

And since the break he’s also not featured, as someone above mentioned you have to think this must be due to a non football reason, ie Corona or Balloongate.

In any case AJ has delivered this season when called upon. Would be bizarre to cut losses now.

Eg, who would you rather bring on from the bench, AJ or Solly?

Another back in June. Interesting.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Alireza Jahanbakhsh relishes chance to impress new boss

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17769904.alireza-jahanbakhsh-relishes-chance-impress-new-boss/?ref=

Quotes from Potter:-
“The key probably with Alireza is to get him as close to goal as possible. That’s probably where they used him in Holland and therefore you get the goals and assists.

“We have got a lot of forward players. We are just trying to find out where best to play. He ended up on the right as well, so with the personnel on the pitch there was quite a bit of fluidity amongst them.

“Sometimes that’s positive, sometimes it’s not, it depends how you look at it, but it was nice for him to get a couple of assists.”

It's been annoying me so I found it.
Seems rather relevant to Mr Potter's comments.

[tweet]1129011559701864448[/tweet]

:bowdown:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Has this really turned into an I love Alireza more than you competion?!

Very good goal tonight but apart from that I didn’t think he was brilliant. Not at the same level as last week and not as good as Sanders, Gross or Mac Allister tonight.

He clearly has a wonderful right foot, great technique and I do go back and forth in my opinion of him but I’m still not convinced he will ever become a regular in the Premier League for us. He still looks a bit lightweight at times and I don’t think premier league defenders will give him the time and space on the ball he needs.

I would love him to prove me wrong as he is a great guy and pro but I’m not convinced.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Very good goal tonight but apart from that I didn’t think he was brilliant. Not at the same level as last week and not as good as Sanders, Gross or Mac Allister tonight.

He clearly has a wonderful right foot, great technique and I do go back and forth in my opinion of him but I’m still not convinced he will ever become a regular in the Premier League for us. He still looks a bit lightweight at times and I don’t think premier league defenders will give him the time and space on the ball he needs.

I would love him to prove me wrong as he is a great guy and pro but I’m not convinced.

Sadly after all of this, that is still a definite possibility.

At least now it's not a nailed on FACT.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just scouring the thread for evidence of my unswerving Ali J support and....yeah, crikey, that [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] don't half go on a bit???

:lolol: :thumbsup: :bowdown:

I think you'll find that should say:-

Poor sweet lil statles was constantly quoted and provoked by lots of the big boys all jealous of Ali and Stats glorious hair.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Very pleased for the lad. When he does that against Liverpool and Spurs you can feed every one of my quotes on this thread back to me with cream on top and I'll still be happy.

But right now he's shone against Portsmouth and Preston Reserves.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Certainly not my intention. It’s more that someone declaring themselves a gatekeeper, the sole bastion of defence of a player. “Ha. See, I told you I was right about him, I was the only one, now here come along all the Johnny come latlies”.

Whilst in the minority, there were a number of folk positive about Ali J as a player and believed there was still huge potential. I was criticised for saying as much. I quoted my own, but I could have quoted others.

Very pleased for the lad. When he does that against Liverpool and Spurs you can feed every one of my quotes on this thread back to me with cream on top and I'll still be happy.

... And whilst your quote is humorous you are entirely right, he hasn’t completely proved his doubters wrong yet. So now is not the time to crow anyway!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

He's done it against Chelsea. :cool:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very good point, both camps, whether 'he's the bomb' or 'he's not a footballer' should be in flux, like a flux capacitor with 1.21 gigawatts going through it...

The way this season is shaping up Solly's gonna bang in a couple on Saturday.

At least I'll be able to climb onto that bus and proudly announce to everyone:-

"I been here all along". :lolol:

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
He scored great goals. He might score more goals but one thing I don’t think anyone would disagree with is that he seems such a nice bloke. Everything about him seems classy. I wish more were like him. And he speaks better English than the England captain.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This may have been the 20-21 Chant ,

"Oh-Ali-ja-han-bash !!":albion2:

Seen elsewhere:

Prince Ali
Fabulous he
Ali Jahanbahksh

From Aladdin.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I want you back - Jahan 5

Oh Ali, you only need 1 chance
To show you should be in the team
Oh darlin', I was blind to leave you out
(Leave you out, Ali)
But now since I've seen you it is on
(JAHANBAKHSH )
Oh I do now
(JAHANBAKHSH)
Ooh ooh baby
(JAHANBAKHSH )
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
(JAHANBAKHSH)
Na na na na

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

When those comments were posted he was playing atrociously. He’s obviously turned it around but the subsequent lack of game time backs up those comments. If he was great he’d have been playing and banging goals in but he wasn’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here