Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Now that is one person I'd like to see what the Potter magic can do to. Didn't see anything in the first season in the PL that convinces me he's upto the standards of the PL. Can tear up and down the touchline like his namesake.

Set pieces with him, Burn and D&D and in the box will be terrifying for defenders.

I reckon our back 3 will just be able to cope.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
“The key for me is when he gets his opportunity that he’s playing to his strengths.

“There’s no point playing in a position that doesn’t get the most out of him because then there’s another spiral of negativity, which is unnecessary.”

Please don't paste whole articles from elsewhere >>>. https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17855485.alireza-jahanbakhsh-urged-patient-albion-boss/

It's a shame the arse gas is one of the worst websites on the planet for adverts, wreaked havoc on my old I pad!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Didn't see anything in the first season in the PL that convinces me he's upto the standards of the PL.

Worth watching our defeat by Chelsea at the Amex in the first season. The only time Greyhound played in what I consider his natural position and he absolutely terrorised the poor Chelsea defence. Their only tactic was to wipe him out in the box knowing that the particular ref on duty would not give a pen against a top six side.

Can’t wait to see him at wing back again (but not full back.....ever).

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Those are some really promising comments by GP. The teams transformation so far has been incredibly promising, and I don't think the EPL is quite prepared to see what we have in store for them! I hope AJ is part of that equation.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

I know all the talk is of Connolly benefiting from Andone’s moment of stupidity, but surely Ali J will now come into the match day squad?

I’d like to see him tried on the right of the front three with Trossard on the left and either Murray or Maupay through the middle in this more exciting, attacking side. Deserves a chance to show if he can step up in the new system surely?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know all the talk is of Connolly benefiting from Andone’s moment of stupidity, but surely Ali J will now come into the match day squad?

I’d like to see him tried on the right of the front three with Trossard on the left and either Murray or Maupay through the middle in this more exciting, attacking side. Deserves a chance to show if he can step up in the new system surely?

If he doesn't then the 'offski' rumours will have plenty of validity.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mixed messages ahoy, nothing new there.

Still can't see the club cutting it's loses now, with no viable replacement.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I hope he does get a chance, honestly felt a good pre-season would help him and he'd 'kick-on', but he was simply dreadful at Aldershot, though appeared to have strapping on so perhaps carrying a knock.

All a bit of a shame.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On the 1 hand it would possibly be for the best if he went to PSV.

On the other hand, the fact our transfer window is now shut means any deal is probably 3 weeks too late.

A big chance though for Aussie/Swede Peter Gwargis if Alireza does go.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I know AJ didn't do as well as we would have liked tonight, but he really made the first goal. In fact he did more than that because the beginning of this clip shows him dispossessing a Bristol player in a pretty neat manner. Now I see why GP is grooming him as a defender.
Thanks to Sweaty Mexican for providing the clip
https://streamja.com/QNp9

Hmnnn, I want him to do well but in that clip all I see is him making a poor choice (he should have played in Mooy) and shooting from a ridiculous position with two defenders in his way. We just got lucky the ricochet fell to Connolly.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9050873 said:
Hmnnn, I want him to do well but in that clip all I see is him making a poor choice (he should have played in Mooy) and shooting from a ridiculous position with two defenders in his way. We just got lucky the ricochet fell to Connolly.

He had two or three half chances in the second half like that- nowhere near threatening. His confidence is shot.
He was a weak link today and totally outshone by Alzate. In fact, Murray looked more effective out wide that he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here