Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think everyone deserves a fresh start under a new manager, and in potentially a new system.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He is an undoubted star in the making...

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
I have no doubt in my mind he will shut all of us up next season in a new attacking style of play. As others have mentioned, He always plays shit in his first season on a new team/League. Apparently, he has been killing it in training but having a hard time doing the same in the actual game.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If I performed as badly in my job as he has been, for us in matches, I'd have been sacked months ago.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Apparently, he has been killing it in training but having a hard time doing the same in the actual game.

Sadly there is np premier league for how well players do in training.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A right winger having to track back. The downright audacity of expecting a midfield player to defend.

What were we thinking.

Shocking expectations on a player.

Hopefully we can relinquish more players from the unreasonable expectation that they might be able to win possession back.

Joking aside, how many people have said he's not a winger and should be played as a no.10!? Not from that heatmap...:mad:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A right winger having to track back. The downright audacity of expecting a midfield player to defend.

What were we thinking.

Shocking expectations on a player.

Hopefully we can relinquish more players from the unreasonable expectation that they might be able to win possession back.

Joking aside, how many people have said he's not a winger and should be played as a no.10!? Not from that heatmap...:mad:

Ease up my friend, shirley even you can look at those charts and think something was amiss?

As I've already said, all the 'mitigating circumstances' lifelines, new country, team, league blah blah blah that I was throwing him have ended now.

He has a new manager, minimal international duties and a full preseason to get stuck into.

If he stays, I'll be happy, as far too many others have been, to call him shitehouse while it's still shorts and t-shirts weather.

Although that will be a moot point as by then the boo-boys would have turned their attention to the poor saps the club sings this summer.

2 things about that map:-

1 - He clearly has never been a 'to the by-line and cross' winger.
So beating him with that stick makes the posters that do look even more ignorant.

3 - (brace yourself for a proper straw clutch) This season might, just might, actually make Ali a better all round player.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ease up my friend, shirley even you can look at those charts and think something was amiss?

As I've already said, all the 'mitigating circumstances' lifelines, new country, team, league blah blah blah that I was throwing him have ended now.

He has a new manager, minimal international duties and a full preseason to get stuck into.

If he stays, I'll be happy, as far too many others have been, to call him shitehouse while it's still shorts and t-shirts weather.

Although that will be a moot point as by then the boo-boys would have turned their attention to the poor saps the club sings this summer.

2 things about that map:-

1 - He clearly has never been a 'to the by-line and cross' winger.
So beating him with that stick makes the posters that do look even more ignorant.

3 - (brace yourself for a proper straw clutch) This season might, just might, actually make Ali a better all round player.

AZ Alkmaar finished 3rd scoring 72 goals in 34 games, winning 22 with a GD +34. Now I might not be the brightest, but coming from a team finishing 3rd winning 2/3rds of their games, I would expect their heatmap to be slightly different from joining us, or any team in the bottom half of the PL.

What you've got is hope that all these mitigating factors when lifted will unveil a player who will tear up this league, and you can nod appreciatively. I will look on delighted to be proved wrong. I've not got a fixed opinion that he is always going to be poor, but empirically, objectively, call it what you will, despite all the potential reasons, to this point he has been shitehouse. The future may hold a different answer, and lets hope it does.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He seems tidy enough but he does not beat players and he does not get shots on target. He lacks incisiveness and aggression. It maybe that he needs more belief and some professional assistance. He always looks cool in his Albion strip and probably enjoys his £40k a week but I would like to see some hunger to earn it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
AZ Alkmaar finished 3rd scoring 72 goals in 34 games, winning 22 with a GD +34. Now I might not be the brightest, but coming from a team finishing 3rd winning 2/3rds of their games, I would expect their heatmap to be slightly different from joining us, or any team in the bottom half of the PL.

What you've got is hope that all these mitigating factors when lifted will unveil a player who will tear up this league, and you can nod appreciatively. I will look on delighted to be proved wrong. I've not got a fixed opinion that he is always going to be poor, but empirically, objectively, call it what you will, despite all the potential reasons, to this point he has been shitehouse. The future may hold a different answer, and lets hope it does.

As a small point of order.
I've never championed Ali, never suggested he'll tear up the league and I certainly won't be smugly stroking my chin if we see some performances. (I can't say the same for Big Jurg :lol: )
In all honesty there isn't the evidence of that opinion.

My presence on this thread has only ever been 'I think the detractors are being to harsh too soon', for half a bazillion reasons, heat maps being the latest.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

"Would you like to come and play Premier League football in a 30,000 state of the art stadium?"
"Er, well"
"You'll be on telly a lot. The town is one of the nicest and most open minded in the UK, by the sea, and the training facilities are some of the best in the country"
"Ummmm"
"Also we'll pay you 50k a week, sterling"
"Sounds fantastic, where do I sign"
"Well, just one thing before you sign. You see, there's this fans' mesage board called NSC and, from time to time, people might point out you've had a poor game if things aren't going well"
"Sorry, forget it, I'm off to Scunthorpe"

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If I performed as badly in my job as he has been, for us in matches, I'd have been sacked months ago.

If you were, say, a qualified physiotherapist but your manager had you doing dental work (which you naturally ballsed up), then it’s your manager that should get the tin tack............

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you were, say, a qualified physiotherapist but your manager had you doing dental work (which you naturally ballsed up), then it’s your manager that should get the tin tack............

What if he had you doing dental work becuase he'd seen your physio clinics and knew you were sending people away injured because you'd qualified at a third rate college and only ever practiced on people who'd spent all day sitting down......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What if he had you doing dental work becuase he'd seen your physio clinics and knew you were sending people away injured because you'd qualified at a third rate college and only ever practiced on people who'd spent all day sitting down......

You’d want to sack the clown that hired him as well.......?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here