Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Get back to talking sense about gardening. :thumbsup:

Jahanbakhsh deserves his chance in the side at some point, if he's as good in training as people have said, I can't see why he doesn't warrant getting a run. I don't have a shred of doubt that he's a quality player who would be very good for us. When he played last season, we rarely lost and that wasn't a coincidance in my opinion. He didn't directly contribute to goals or assists, but the team (which functioned badly in general), was better with him in it.

I just haven’t seen it myself and I guess with two managers not giving him an extended run, ok he’s had some injuries, I figure the die has now been cast. The fact Locadia andAndone have already been shipped out and were equally hailed, yet flopped, it feels like something went very wrong with that period of recruitment and our loses just need cutting. Trossard for example has created more of a buzz in 90 mins than Ali J has in any of his appearances. Could do better and probably will. Just elsewhere :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Get back to talking sense about gardening. :thumbsup:

Jahanbakhsh deserves his chance in the side at some point, if he's as good in training as people have said, I can't see why he doesn't warrant getting a run. I don't have a shred of doubt that he's a quality player who would be very good for us. When he played last season, we rarely lost and that wasn't a coincidance in my opinion. He didn't directly contribute to goals or assists, but the team (which functioned badly in general), was better with him in it.

No.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
IMO Potter doesn’t rate him and he’ll be gone ASAP, to not have him on bench nor put him on when he is speaks volumes

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
So you didnt see any of his feeble displays last season then!???

I saw a hell of a lot of mid 1990's feeble grade performances last season. Thanks for the reminder! He was a small fraction,of them.

So far this season we've seen improvements virtually everywhere from almost everyone.

The notable shippings out, and AJ being the notable keeper . . . .there must be something in there. . . .

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
I have to say, with so many behavioral issues and points dropped from red cards..
Jahanbakhsh had 2 yellows in 19 matches, one of them arguably nonsense.
I do hope Potter will try him in one of his attacking formations against one of the bottom half teams. I think even a subpar Alireza would be better than playing with 10 men and another 2-3 points dropped.

Such a strange point. If you want to talk about disciplinary records, AJ actually has more yellows and 1 red card in his career. Mooy has less yellow cards and, only now, does he have his first red card. And considering Mooy plays in a position where he tackles more, you would actually expect him to pick up MORE yellow cards..

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Perhaps he’s simply not cut out for PL football.

Or more likely, our squad is very very strong.

For example, Bissouma will probably get the elbow next as Mooy comes back and March could get the boot when Izzy gets fit. Both have sparkled in PL football at various points.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Or more likely, our squad is very very strong.

For example, Bissouma will probably get the elbow next as Mooy comes back and March could get the boot when Izzy gets fit. Both have sparkled in PL football at various points.

We’ll find out soon enough. CH and so far GP haven’t found a regular slot for the player. It’s entirely up to him whether he can push the case for inclusion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here