Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I've only missed one home game all season and I don't think I've yet seen Ali J try to skin the full back while running at full pelt down the wing.

I've seen glimpses from Andone, Locadia, Bissouma of what they can do but Ali J is still a complete mystery.

I can solve that mystery . He’s crap

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do any of the players actually give a sh*t? On last night's performance not.

They obviously do, we have no Jamie O’Hara’s taking the piss out of the club.

It’s just a combination of them being poor to average at best lower-half PL players (eg no pace), and uptight as we plummet fast, unable to cut the momentum of being outclassed in every game.

kjgood

Do any of the players actually give a sh*t? On last night's performance not.

TBF of course they do, nobody likes being criticised at their place of work, somethings wrong at the moment and needs resolving quick. As with other places of work where teamwork is essential the manager needs to get to the bottom of the problem and resolve it. Middle table players who are difficult to beat become relegation players who fall apart for a reason. FIND THE REASON AND RESOLVE IT even if it means some hard decisions.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
TBF of course they do, nobody likes being criticised at their place of work, somethings wrong at the moment and needs resolving quick. As with other places of work where teamwork is essential the manager needs to get to the bottom of the problem and resolve it. Middle table players who are difficult to beat become relegation players who fall apart for a reason. FIND THE REASON AND RESOLVE IT even if it means some hard decisions.

I don't think CH can make the hard decisions. He hasn't stopped the drinking culture. I'm sorry but I don't. Easy to manage a team doing well, not so easy when its back to the walls.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Along with Locadia he has been written off whilst never having had a run in his natural position. I look forward to seeing both play under a manager who doesn’t try and push square pegs into round holes whilst being immune from criticism until last Saturday from most of the fan base.

To call either “shitehouse” when they have been played the way they have in a team with no idea how to attack is really unjust imo

What is Locadia’s best position?
Not a winger, seems to struggle on his own, so presumably an inside forward similar to Baldock.

If that is the case we’ve purchased a player who doesn’t fit our existing system.

Not his fault but that’s how it is.

In terms of AJ, in the PL any wide player generally are played on the opposing flank to enable them to come inside on to their stronger foot. AJ has been given that opportunity several times, and last night got the opportunity in his preferred position. I accept that it’s one game, but blimey if that’s his best area, he’s better on the other side.....

I maintain that AJ has been disadvantaged by the missing of preseason and consequently I would hope there is more to come.

However, that said, given what we paid time is running out for both of these.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
For the reasons we discussed yesterday, transfer fee = expectation.

The other thing the average football fan detests (I certainly do), is perceived lack of effort, and he just wasn’t ‘at the races’ yesterday.

When you add inability to complete simple tasks, then along with his teammates I can understand why everyone has has enough of them, and AJ perhaps more so.

But if we had paid £1m it would have been too much

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Along with Locadia he has been written off whilst never having had a run in his natural position. I look forward to seeing both play under a manager who doesn’t try and push square pegs into round holes whilst being immune from criticism until last Saturday from most of the fan base.

To call either “shitehouse” when they have been played the way they have in a team with no idea how to attack is really unjust imo

The argument against Ali and all other Dutch signings ever would hold up after last night (or any other recent games) were it not for the FACT that Ali wasn't the worst Brighton player on the field, to be honest he wasn't even the second worst, and was only joint worst with whomever else you want to add.

He has now repeatedly outplayed a tried and tested Englishman who has played in all divisions and had 2 seasons of Premier League football rather makes a mockery of picking on him.

This isn't making any excuses for Ali, more so pointing out that labeling one player shitehouse is doing a huge disservice to all the other shitehouseary on display.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The argument against Ali and all other Dutch signings ever would hold up after last night (or any other recent games) were it not for the FACT that Ali wasn't the worst Brighton player on the field, to be honest he wasn't even the second worst, and was only joint worst with whomever else you want to add.

Re last night, that really is a matter of opinion. I thought he was the worst of a very, very poor bunch.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ah, once. Fair enough, phew, I was worried that we hadn't spent much time playing him in his right position (he actually played quite well that day, as I recall.)

This is getting silly now, as admirable as your blind faith may be.

All season his chief fanboy [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] has been blindly shrugging off shit performance after shit performance, with the excuse that he’s been denied the chance to tear up the PL playing in his ‘correct position’, on the right.

Now he turns in an even more shocking performance playing where we’ve been told he should, and you claim it is because he hasn’t had enough chances in a different ‘correct position’.

He lacks all the basic attributes of a decent footballer. Which position he plays in will never change that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
DS is getting abuse beyond football, see yet another negative thread about DS today eg post #62.

Not condining it from any poster, but the type of posts you mention are also targeted against British players.

Ok. I'll get of my high hose.

(and no high camel jokes, anyone, please).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Re last night, that really is a matter of opinion. I thought he was the worst of a very, very poor bunch.

Jahanbakhsh, Stephens, Propper, Andone and Izquierdo were shocking.

Jahanbakhsh destroyed our rare attacks by passing the ball out of play, or into the GK’s grateful hands ..... under zero pressure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here