Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
the idea he is getting grief because he is Iranian is nonsense . He shouldn’t carry the whole can though . It was a massive and costly mistake to bring him here .
What I find strange is we have a well stocked recruitment team. They are not going to be idiots . They have followed aj for years, I would imagine in a painstakingly detailed way. And yet from what we have seen he is short in every single department . Not equipped for the premier league in any way.
The club isn’t trying to sabotage itself .
It’s hard to explain.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Like Fergie did with Cole when he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo for 20 odd games? You should go into football coaching, or motivational speaking. You'd certainly drive the suicide rate up.

Anyone else want to have a cheap laugh at our shit Iranian tonight? Nobody has mentioned Ramadan yet. Go on, you know you want to.

Pathetic, and shameful, the lot of you.

We would but it's in June.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He had a shocker, again, tonight. Someone from the club needs to put their arm round him and gently say “Son, can I run you up to Gatwick...?”

Came to us via Biggin Hill in a private jet, no scheduled Gatwick flight for our new superstar. Happy day, that was...we thought we’d beaten Leicester to a winner.

FFS.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Eredivisie is piss poor for signing players from - More so for strikers

Current top scorer is Luuk De Jong who didnt come close to troubling anyone at Newcastle, second is Tadic with 22.

Recent top scores have included Depay and the deadly Vincent Janssen.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes. His form/performance is criticised. Not his actual fitness to play for the Albion, ever again. I can't recall jokes about driving him up to Burnley going unchallenged. This is a bloody lynch mob. There were plenty of crap performances tonight. The first was the one in the dug out.

Very true. Was watching CH as things unravelled. He was doing nothing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bloom must feel literally sick to his stomach having been talked into blowing £17m on that complete duffer. He's not a winger, he's more of a deep-lying forward in the Gross mould. But we already had Gross, so what was the point of lashing out a record fee on him, and playing him on the wing ? Its like me spending £900 on a 55 inch 4k flatscreen TV when I've already got one, so using the new one as a fvcking shit improvised ironing board.

Begs the question, why didn’t someone let CH know, Gross has been injured for most of the season it feels and AJ hasn’t once played as a number 10.

He has played there - in the replay against West Brom’s reserves. He wasn’t very good there, either :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

Just reading some of this thread.....I have absolutely no idea where this hate comes from. It is pathetic. When other of our players have a shit game - who is mocking Stevens for his ineptitude as a footballer (as opposed to someone whose form has gone)? . . . .AJ was top scorer last season in the league that has Ajax in it. Champions League semi finalists. People are getting away with mocking so easily.....it isn't as if he's Iranian or anything:

Stephens gets stick more than any other player.

The big difference is that Stephens did not cost £17m, and for a provincial club like ours supporters correctly IMO expect a lot more.

I’d still give him a preseason, but would not bother again this season because he is out of his depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Then we must be doing something substantially wrong, as a team from 'that ****ing league' beat Juventus and is in the semi finals of the Champions League, as well as wanting to buy Pröpper.

Because a judgement on the Dutch league can really be based on one team?

PSV and Ajax apart it is very poor, it’s like saying Scottish football is champions league standard because Celtic make the group stages.....

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My Official Order of Blame for the recent performances:

1. Hughton

the end.

My gut feeling is that there is a player in Jahanbaksh who is more than capable of creating and scoring for a bottom half Premiership team. It's simply that the system, the rigidity of the system and the approach (and the resulting malaise) just doesn't allow him to show what he can do.

I'd say keep him and see what he's like with a different manager.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That was piss poor performance last night from him , really really really bad. He's been stinking the place out since he got here but last night was Obika levels.

Not convinced this guy would cut it in the championship.

As bad as he was , he was prob on a par with Proper and Stephens though.

The Iranians that came on here clearly blinded by Iran v other noddy teams and getting taken in that the Dutch league is anything other than piss poor

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm pretty disappointed with how he played today, but I feel the whole team was subpar and wonder why he is getting such a big part of the blame. It's starting to feel that people are rooting for him to fail so they can lash out against him. I had heard that EPL fans were not very forgiving but this is pretty disappointing to be honest.

For the reasons we discussed yesterday, transfer fee = expectation.

The other thing the average football fan detests (I certainly do), is perceived lack of effort, and he just wasn’t ‘at the races’ yesterday.

When you add inability to complete simple tasks, then along with his teammates I can understand why everyone has has enough of them, and AJ perhaps more so.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

1. Hughton

the end.

My gut feeling is that there is a player in Jahanbaksh who is more than capable of creating and scoring for a bottom half Premiership team. It's simply that the system, the rigidity of the system and the approach (and the resulting malaise) just doesn't allow him to show what he can do.

I just don’t get this argument. If we were just talking about a lack of threat, then yes, the system plays a big part. But how does the system go any way to excuse an inability to control a football, hold off an opponent, pass to a team mate, or run at a speed above a gentle jog?

All of those things would remain the case whoever sets the team up, surely?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

1. Hughton

the end.

Got no choice to keep him haven’t we signed him for 5 years lol who would pay anything for him

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just don’t get this argument. If we were just talking about a lack of threat, then yes, the system plays a big part. But how does the system go any way to excuse an inability to control a football, hold off an opponent, pass to a team mate, or run at a speed above a gentle jog?

All of which is a fair comment but

last night which Albion player(s) did:-

Control the ball
Hold off an opponent
Pass to a team mate
Or run at speed.

Feel free to also include the Bournemouth and Southampton games if you really want to pad out the answer and make me look (even more than normal) stoooopid

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This 100%.

So many very defensive of Locadia, Jahanbakhsh and Propper, as PL quality players who’d walk into other bottom half PL teams. Held back by “awful Chris”.

We’ll soon find out soon. If we go down, let’s watch for the queue of illustrious PL takers. If we stay up, a new manager will give us an idea with his recruitment.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Because a judgement on the Dutch league can really be based on one team?

PSV and Ajax apart it is very poor, it’s like saying Scottish football is champions league standard because Celtic make the group stages.....

That’s not true. Feyenoord, Alkmaar, Utrecht and possibly quite a few others would tear us apart. The only reason why you have this perception is because players come here from the Eredivisie. But it’s only because of the money and the opportunity to go to the world’s greatest stadiums.

I suggest you actually watch some Dutch football before making these comments. As somebody who watches both, I can tell you the quality is really not that bad.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here