Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ali arrived from Holland with an issue.

How many kiss and tells will The Athletic have to run before the sheeple finally accept the players aren't the problem!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I wrote ‘haters’ in the way someone like Taylor Swift might use the phrase, almost superficially. I’m talking about people who continually criticise someone using social media with nothing positive to say about them.

I don’t think any true Brighton fans actually hate any of our players, former or otherwise, except for maybe Leon Best and perhaps Kemy Agustien . . . . . then there’s Leon Knight who splits opinions and then we have Stockdale who wasn’t too popular when he wanted out. . . . . . . . ........

Agustien was brilliant for pre-match entertainment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The two most exciting build ups to signings we’ve had have both ended in the player not being anywhere near the star we expected them to be. The CMS signing and the Ali J flight tracking. I was away when we were about to sign Vicente and knew nothing of it until we had signed him, was there the same build up or did it all happen very quickly?

The only other one which came close as far as I remember was Lua Lua being stalked on arrival at Gatwick!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The two most exciting build ups to signings we’ve had have both ended in the player not being anywhere near the star we expected them to be. The CMS signing and the Ali J flight tracking. I was away when we were about to sign Vicente and knew nothing of it until we had signed him, was there the same build up or did it all happen very quickly?

The only other one which came close as far as I remember was Lua Lua being stalked on arrival at Gatwick!

The Vicente thread was absolutely incredible from start to finish. Including the undercover cameraman heading into Galileo's to check out the whole situation!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

The Vicente saga was magic, genuinely the most exciting transfer we’ve ever made... Sky were utterly overwhelmed, people thought it was a wind up - the night we shocked the football world and put the club on the map. Pity it led to jurgen and florin finding us :/

It’s something we’ve failed to do ever since, make a signing of seismic proportions - instead going for players none of us have heard of until we are linked. Sad, but true and a damning indictment of our PL recruitment drive.

If it’s youth or big bucks foreign non-entity then it’s youth all the way for me.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The Vicente saga was magic, genuinely the most exciting transfer we’ve ever made... Sky were utterly overwhelmed, people thought it was a wind up - the night we shocked the football world and put the club on the map. Pity it led to jurgen and florin finding us :/

It’s something we’ve failed to do ever since, make a signing of seismic proportions - instead going for players none of us have heard of until we are linked. Sad, but true and a damning indictment of our PL recruitment drive.

If it’s youth or big bucks foreign non-entity then it’s youth all the way for me.

Not quite sure what you expect! Vicente was probably, along with Bobby Smith, the biggest surprise signings by the club. That's two in 118 years!!! And Poyet still managed to **** up the contract for Vicente when he stated the second year was always going to be Vicente's choice and then at the last minute, invoking the clause and seemingly forcing him to stay against his wishes!

In the grand scheme of things, we are not shopping at the same market as the Utds, Arsenal's and Cities of this footballing world.

The transfer team aren't going to get everything right.but we do have some gems. I wouldn't write off Bissouma, Trossard is a fantastic player, Izzy will be again when fit. Bernado yet another.

Locadia and Andone, I can understand their frustration over the last season. Locadia scored on his debut and then again in the next match and was promptly dropped. Andone never really got a run in the team. Don't condone how he has reacted though.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Incorrect.........AJ was on the bench at Man City.......ie the last game before the International Break where he picked up some kind of niggle.

Yes that is correct. He is out due to splinters in the arse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Incorrect.........AJ was on the bench at Man City.......ie the last game before the International Break where he picked up some kind of niggle.

"Incorrect"...

wait...

...what...

Incorrect is another word for WRONG.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
You've only got to look at his YouTube highlights reel to see the guy has got enough talent to make the Brighton side. I'm inclined to think Houghton wasn't the right coach for him and am interested to see what he can do under Potter.

That said, if he does go, it will be nice to see the back of his sycophantic Instagram followers, fugging up the club's feed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You've only got to look at his YouTube highlights reel to see the guy has got enough talent to make the Brighton side. I'm inclined to think Houghton wasn't the right coach for him and am interested to see what he can do under Potter.

That said, if he does go, it will be nice to see the back of his sycophantic Instagram followers, fugging up the club's feed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

YouTube highlights at a much lower level.

Nothing to do with the right coach, it’s more about a complete lack of pace IMO. If Hughton was a defensive minded coach, Potter certainly isn’t, so I would suggest perhaps AJ just isn’t up to it......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

YouTube highlights at a much lower level.

Nothing to do with the right coach, it’s more about a complete lack of pace IMO. If Hughton was a defensive minded coach, Potter certainly isn’t, so I would suggest perhaps AJ just isn’t up to it......

Ali J would be out on loan if Potter didn’t rate him.

With Andone & Locadia gone, he’ll get his chance once fit.

The lack of pace argument can also be levelled at Groß (Ali J is a lot faster by the way) and the lack of power argument at Trossard (Ali J is clearly more powerful than Trossard who weighs about 8 stone with the body of a 12 year old). It just doesn’t wash.

Ali J has clearly not settled in but has not been given a propper chance. His game is based around fantastic positioning (not defensively though) and striking the ball cleanly to score plenty of goals and to get many assists.

His best game for the Albion was when his defensive responsibilities were taken away.
https://youtu.be/B2nyDOsqaAk
Note how he ‘stops’ tracking back in the second half as he does not need to, similar to the way Stephens and Pröpper would not venture foward last season. They were carrying out CH’a instructions to the letter.

He’ll be back to prove a lot of posters very wrong.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ali J would be out on loan if Potter didn’t rate him.

With Andone & Locadia gone, he’ll get his chance once fit.

The lack of pace argument can also be levelled at Groß (Ali J is a lot faster by the way) and the lack of power argument at Trossard (Ali J is clearly more powerful than Trossard who weighs about 8 stone with the body of a 12 year old). It just doesn’t wash.

Ali J has clearly not settled in but has not been given a propper chance. His game is based around fantastic positioning (not defensively though) and striking the ball cleanly to score plenty of goals and to get many assists.

His best game for the Albion was when his defensive responsibilities were taken away.
https://youtu.be/B2nyDOsqaAk
Note how he ‘stops’ tracking back in the second half as he does not need to, similar to the way Stephens and Pröpper would not venture foward last season. They were carrying out CH’a instructions to the letter.

He’ll be back to prove a lot of posters very wrong.

You can’t force a player out on loan, they have to agree, so you can’t conclude GP rates him either way based on him not going out on loan.

What you can conclude is that Potter hasn’t given him a single league minute on the pitch, even with a player in the same position out injured. If any of what you are saying is true, he’d have played by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here