Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
yes lets hope we can mug someone off for say 10m!!
11 players with a Potter clean slate but still on the 'Booo list' :

Button
Steele
Schelotto
Balogun
(Webster)
Bong
Bernardo
(Mooy)
Bissouma
Jahanbakhsh
Izquierdo

Too early to single any one out to run out of town just yet.

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
If there’s one thing Ali has it’s a great attitude - anyone who has been around him knows it and it was already said here earlier. He will keep his head up and fight for his spot for now, however, wouldn’t also be surprised if the club decides to loan him. If GP isn’t going to include him in the squad regularly it would make sense for both parties to find him a solid loan more to a Bundesliga, Serie A or La Liga team.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Can’t see us loaning him or doing anything with him just yet.

An injury to any one of our forward players and he will probably make the bench, perhaps when Jose is back he might be moved on.

While he has obviously been a massive disappointment to date, I’d be interested to see how he plays in the current system in a position he is perhaps more suited to.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If there’s one thing Ali has it’s a great attitude - anyone who has been around him knows it and it was already said here earlier. He will keep his head up and fight for his spot for now, however, wouldn’t also be surprised if the club decides to loan him. If GP isn’t going to include him in the squad regularly it would make sense for both parties to find him a solid loan more to a Bundesliga, Serie A or La Liga team.

He isn’t good enough for that.

Probably a top six championship side will take him on loan while izquierdo comes back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Against Valencia his first touch let him down twice within a few minutes of coming on . . Tried too hard. After that he got stuck in I thought, and showed a few glimpses of the tenacity that rattled Kyle Walkers cage last season against Man City. . . . There's a player in there, I'm sure he'll get his chance, it seems to me to be a confidence thing as much as anything, GP should be the man to help him.

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
He isn’t good enough for that.

Probably a top six championship side will take him on loan while izquierdo comes back

Ridiculous claim ....your comment is a clear indication all you’ve seen of him was his play last season under CH. As long as he’s on a team that knows how to leave their half of the pitch he will do just fine.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
11 players with a Potter clean slate but still on the 'Booo list' :

Button
Steele
Schelotto
Balogun
(Webster)
Bong
Bernardo
(Mooy)
Bissouma
Jahanbakhsh
Izquierdo

Too early to single any one out to run out of town just yet.

:lolol:

I know you’re being ironic but, of course, there’s no need to boo any of our own players. The only one on that list who offers absolutely nothing is Steele but with Walton and Martinez on loan every club needs a third choice keeper.

We know how good Mooy can be and Webster will be raring for a chance. Bernardo and Bissouma are excellent players, Izquierdo will thrive in the Potter formation and be like a new player. Even the greyhound can fill in at RWB when fully fit. And then we come to Ali....

However critical I’ve been of him on here I’d love him to succeed. No one wants a player to fail surely? But, given 13 mins in the key friendlies, and not even in the first two 18s suggests GP has seen the same weaknesses we all have - no power and no pace.

I agree he’ll get a full game at Bristol and may well be an FA Cup player this term but it’s going to take a lot of injuries for him to be a starting 11 regular.

However, injuries happen, suspensions happen and chances come along. He has to take it when it does but I’m still not convinced he’s equipped for Premier League football and a move back to Holland night suit everyone in January when Izzy is back.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Ridiculous claim ....your comment is a clear indication all you’ve seen of him was his play last season under CH. As long as he’s on a team that knows how to leave their half of the pitch he will do just fine.

He is in one of those teams now with a manager playing a very attacking brand of football yet having spent a whole pre season with him the manager has not even included him in the last 2 match day squads. Hope he works out given our outlay but the story so far is a player who has not proved himself capable of being up to the level of one of europes top leagues

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We have a pool of 26 players to nominate our final 25 from - including Jahanbakhsh and Ahannach.

I reckon Alireza will get a full game at Bristol and how that goes will determine which 1 of the 2 above players will be loaned out by Sept 2nd.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
We have a pool of 26 players to nominate our final 25 from - including Jahanbakhsh and Ahannach.

I reckon Alireza will get a full game at Bristol and how that goes will determine which 1 of the 2 above players will be loaned out by Sept 2nd.

Not a cut and dried call, that.

It would not based on just merit, obviously. Not just a case of 'who is the better player'.

If Alireza is consider miles better than Ahannach, but STILL unlikely to feature, and costing us 10X the wage cost, then it is still the Iranian for the exit door.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

He is one of the reasons why we couldnt attack because he cant take someone on. He makes basic mistakes and constantly gives the ball away. Looks to me like Potter is going to wait until he has improved before putting him back in the team. Two managers have left him out of the team at the moment he isnt good enough.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Potter early selections say a lot to me...

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He's not going to feature is he? I reckon Potter would play a youngster (who would almost certainly be just as effective) over him if we had injuries. Once Yves and Jose are back, and with this current formation looking like our go too, I just can't see him getting more than a cup game here or five minutes there.
Wanted him to do well, and I'm sure he has some ability, but he isn't the first player to shine in Holland but turn out to be pretty bang average.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here