Page 648 of 664 FirstFirst ... 148548598638645646647648649650651658 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 6635
  1. #6471
    Drew drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    16,392


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Vicente saga was magic, genuinely the most exciting transfer we’ve ever made... Sky were utterly overwhelmed, people thought it was a wind up - the night we shocked the football world and put the club on the map. Pity it led to jurgen and florin finding us :/

    It’s something we’ve failed to do ever since, make a signing of seismic proportions - instead going for players none of us have heard of until we are linked. Sad, but true and a damning indictment of our PL recruitment drive.

    If it’s youth or big bucks foreign non-entity then it’s youth all the way for me.
    Not quite sure what you expect! Vicente was probably, along with Bobby Smith, the biggest surprise signings by the club. That's two in 118 years!!! And Poyet still managed to **** up the contract for Vicente when he stated the second year was always going to be Vicente's choice and then at the last minute, invoking the clause and seemingly forcing him to stay against his wishes!

    In the grand scheme of things, we are not shopping at the same market as the Utds, Arsenal's and Cities of this footballing world.

    The transfer team aren't going to get everything right.but we do have some gems. I wouldn't write off Bissouma, Trossard is a fantastic player, Izzy will be again when fit. Bernado yet another.

    Locadia and Andone, I can understand their frustration over the last season. Locadia scored on his debut and then again in the next match and was promptly dropped. Andone never really got a run in the team. Don't condone how he has reacted though.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #6472
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      70,672


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why bother to mention AJ and LB as neither have even been oin the bench even with our depleted squad.
    • #6473
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      26,750


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why bother to mention AJ and LB as neither have even been oin the bench even with our depleted squad.
      Incorrect.........AJ was on the bench at Man City.......ie the last game before the International Break where he picked up some kind of niggle.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #6474
      Members phoenix's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Posts
      1,687


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Incorrect.........AJ was on the bench at Man City.......ie the last game before the International Break where he picked up some kind of niggle.
      Yes that is correct. He is out due to splinters in the arse.
    • #6475
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      52,441


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Incorrect.........AJ was on the bench at Man City.......ie the last game before the International Break where he picked up some kind of niggle.
      "Incorrect"...


      wait...


      ...what...


      Incorrect is another word for WRONG.

      .
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #6476
      Where do we go from here? Tesco in Disguise's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Westminster Village
      Posts
      3,812


      0 Not allowed!
      You've only got to look at his YouTube highlights reel to see the guy has got enough talent to make the Brighton side. I'm inclined to think Houghton wasn't the right coach for him and am interested to see what he can do under Potter.

      That said, if he does go, it will be nice to see the back of his sycophantic Instagram followers, fugging up the club's feed.

      Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

      Just victim of the in-house drive-by.
      They say 'jump!', you say 'how high?'
    • #6477
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      26,750


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes that is correct. He is out due to splinters in the arse.
      LOL
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #6478
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      12,440


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tesco in Disguise View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You've only got to look at his YouTube highlights reel to see the guy has got enough talent to make the Brighton side. I'm inclined to think Houghton wasn't the right coach for him and am interested to see what he can do under Potter.

      That said, if he does go, it will be nice to see the back of his sycophantic Instagram followers, fugging up the club's feed.

      Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      YouTube highlights at a much lower level.

      Nothing to do with the right coach, it’s more about a complete lack of pace IMO. If Hughton was a defensive minded coach, Potter certainly isn’t, so I would suggest perhaps AJ just isn’t up to it......




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • #6479
      Members Hugo Rune's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      7,260

      Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      YouTube highlights at a much lower level.

      Nothing to do with the right coach, it’s more about a complete lack of pace IMO. If Hughton was a defensive minded coach, Potter certainly isn’t, so I would suggest perhaps AJ just isn’t up to it......
      Ali J would be out on loan if Potter didn’t rate him.

      With Andone & Locadia gone, he’ll get his chance once fit.

      The lack of pace argument can also be levelled at Groß (Ali J is a lot faster by the way) and the lack of power argument at Trossard (Ali J is clearly more powerful than Trossard who weighs about 8 stone with the body of a 12 year old). It just doesn’t wash.

      Ali J has clearly not settled in but has not been given a propper chance. His game is based around fantastic positioning (not defensively though) and striking the ball cleanly to score plenty of goals and to get many assists.

      His best game for the Albion was when his defensive responsibilities were taken away.

      Note how he ‘stops’ tracking back in the second half as he does not need to, similar to the way Stephens and Pröpper would not venture foward last season. They were carrying out CH’a instructions to the letter.

      He’ll be back to prove a lot of posters very wrong.
      Last edited by Hugo Rune; 20-09-2019 at 07:45.
      :guitar:
    • #6480
      Members Bold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      21,320


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ali J would be out on loan if Potter didn’t rate him.

      With Andone & Locadia gone, he’ll get his chance once fit.

      The lack of pace argument can also be levelled at Groß (Ali J is a lot faster by the way) and the lack of power argument at Trossard (Ali J is clearly more powerful than Trossard who weighs about 8 stone with the body of a 12 year old). It just doesn’t wash.

      Ali J has clearly not settled in but has not been given a propper chance. His game is based around fantastic positioning (not defensively though) and striking the ball cleanly to score plenty of goals and to get many assists.

      His best game for the Albion was when his defensive responsibilities were taken away.

      Note how he ‘stops’ tracking back in the second half as he does not need to, similar to the way Stephens and Pröpper would not venture foward last season. They were carrying out CH’a instructions to the letter.

      He’ll be back to prove a lot of posters very wrong.
      You can’t force a player out on loan, they have to agree, so you can’t conclude GP rates him either way based on him not going out on loan.

      What you can conclude is that Potter hasn’t given him a single league minute on the pitch, even with a player in the same position out injured. If any of what you are saying is true, he’d have played by now.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •