Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doom Bar isn't Cornish any more

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
One of my favorite beers

Is the Doom Bar from keg still brewed in Cornwall?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Crap beer. My personal nightmare is to go into a pub and find there are just 2 draught beers, Doom Bar and Harvey's....UUUGGHHH !

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Doom Bar is the new John Smiths. It's everywhere and a poor mans ale.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
No different to Sam Adams Boston Lager - their beer hasn't been brewed in Boston for a while now, most is brewed in Pennsylvania. The Brewery in Boston is only used for small runs on new experimental beers and for showing the tourists around - is nothing sacred?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
No different to Sam Adams Boston Lager - their beer hasn't been brewed in Boston for a while now, most is brewed in Pennsylvania. The Brewery in Boston is only used for small runs on new experimental beers and for showing the tourists around - is nothing sacred?
there was I thinking it was brewed in Lincolnshire !!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I didn't really think this was news. It is funny how this comes out two years after it actually happened. Brewery gets bought out by the second biggest brewer in the world. Production moves to massive brewery. :shrug: Who knew?

I'm surprised they still make the draught stuff in Cornwall really. It has been a pretty bland ale for a long time now anyway. I suppose it tells us to pay attention to who actually makes what we buy, but I figured most people do that anyway, don't they?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Bugger. It's back to Betty Stoggs then.
ngZ2UANa.jpeg

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Agree...Doom Bar used to be good but now it's everywhere it's rarely any good.

Nothing to do with the actual brewing of the beer, it is how it is kept, conditioned and served in the pub.
As it is a cask ale, it should only be sold where there is a rapid turnover of that ale. Perhaps you have had a beer that has been hanging around a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here