Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Decent cars for not very much

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can anyone recommend a decent garage in Sussex to buy a cheap car from? I'm looking to spend around £3,000

thanks

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
A decent car under £3,000.00.

Think Seat, Skoda or an older VW.

Depends what type of car you want, maximum age, mileage etc.

Look on Autotrader.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Saab 9-3 for a grand, use the other 2k for any little jobs that come up. Far more safe & comfortable than some of the shitboxes quoted above

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Small or big?

Audi a4 avant 2003/04 ish. 1.9 or 2.5d. Could have a vw passat too but they look yawn in comparison

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
see autotrader, both for private and dealers in that price range.

agree about the Saab, friend got a tidy convertible for not alot more than £1k, fixed a couple of known issues cheaply and no trouble since. essentially Fords built to higher QA standards.

at that price generally be careful about lowish mileage for the car age. you'll find a lot of cars need expensive services around 60-80k. better to get one around 90-100k that's been done already.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
see autotrader, both for private and dealers in that price range.

agree about the Saab, friend got a tidy convertible for not alot more than £1k, fixed a couple of known issues cheaply and no trouble since. essentially Vauxhalls built to much higher QA standards.

Corrected for you.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If you want a fun car I'm going to be selling my 2004 Mini Cooper S in a couple of months. 86,000 miles on clock, recently serviced (yesterday), fantastic to drive and it's blue and white!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Depends what type of car you're looking for, how many miles you are going to be doing, and how much you'd be prepared to spend to keep it on the road.

If you want something reliable, I would echo those who say as low mileage (and as new) as possible. If you're not fussed, there are A LOT of quality motors you could get for £3k. They might be in a bit of a state, or might have a lot of miles on the clock, but AutoTrader can throw up some great offers if you do a random search.

Good luck.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Saab 9-3 for a grand, use the other 2k for any little jobs that come up. Far more safe & comfortable than some of the shitboxes quoted above

What a curious remark to make. Which ones of those listed are "shitboxes"?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
What a curious remark to make. Which ones of those listed are "shitboxes"?

kitten+in+cat+litter+box+with+wheels.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here