Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Splitting the games for a shared season ticket

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Whats does everyone think is the fairest way to share out a shared season ticket? (assuming you can't afford / can't get to enough games to merit a full one)

If you had the choice which games this season would be the top 5 must have games?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I'd say heads or tails for first choice & then take it in turns to pick the games.

Say we drew a big team in the cup which person would get the S/T seat?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Best way would be you and the other person/people to list the games they would like to go to and then negotiate with the rest shared out by picking out of a hat.

The best home games are usually the ones with a big away following.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Do them alphabetically with a variable of Saturday v evening matches and allowing for where we and our opponents might be in the League at that particular juncture.
Injured star players, pie offers and special guest half-time spectaculars also contribute to the mix, notwithstanding weather conditions.
All pertinent to the ticket sharing matchday experience.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Whats does everyone think is the fairest way to share out a shared season ticket? (assuming you can't afford / can't get to enough games to merit a full one)

If you had the choice which games this season would be the top 5 must have games?

Each person pick 3 games they must go to.
If each person picks the same game, heads/tails for the game and the loser chooses any other game of his choice.
Once each person has 3 games each, shuffle the games around and pick one at a time.

My Top 5 home games:

Forest
Leeds
Weds
Fulham
QPR

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'd probably flip a coin to decide first pick, then work on a draft basis, taking it in turns to pick games that you want to go to.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I'd say heads or tails for first choice & then take it in turns to pick the games.

I'd probably flip a coin to decide first pick, then work on a draft basis, taking it in turns to pick games that you want to go to.

I'd do this, although first list out games where one of you can't make it (such as midweek games being inconvenient for one of you, things like that).

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
More importantly, who will get the Play Off final/FA Cup final ticket?!

Sorry, getting overexcited, think I'm having a sugar rush

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Each list the 50% of games you want to go to. Any that are listed by one of you are easy. Of remainders (both listed or neither), choose one each till complete. Agree who gets 1st round of each cup, alternate cup games till eliminated.

This whole process needs to be preempted by copious amounts of alcohol, no notes are to be taken and it should then be followed by a complete memory haze. Can't see what could go wrong.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Decide on the top 16 games and draw lots for these then roll a pair of dice to see who picks 4 of the remaining 7 games.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
The added complications some haven't addressed

1. Night games since it comes with 2 u18 tickets.
2. Don't want a gap of 3 months without seeing a game

I think [MENTION=26594]watford[/MENTION]zero spot on with alcohol though :cheers::drink:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The added complications some haven't addressed

1. Night games since it comes with 2 u18 tickets.
2. Don't want a gap of 3 months without seeing a game

I think [MENTION=26594]watford[/MENTION]zero spot on with alcohol though :cheers::drink:

That isn't a complication , the solution is to tell one of the U18s you're upgrading their ticket and going instead :thumbsup:

SAC

May 21, 2014
I don't think there are any must see matches this season although they may become must see if fighting for promotion (or fighting relegation). I'd just take it in turns.

I can't see there being many or any sell outs so getting an extra ticket wont be a problem.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Our process is set up before the fixtures come out.

Firstly, you have to remember that you can't split the league games 50/50 as there's an odd number of them. Therefore, we have ours such that I pay for one extra game and therefore get the first and last games and we just alternate in the order that the fixtures are first announced. Thus, if games get moved, it doesn't change whose ticket it is so that we can plan properly for going away / getting extra seats for the games we know we won't have the ticket for.

Generously, as I get more games, the sequence is reversed for cup tickets and I get first dibs on the second home cup game (if there is one). It's a bit of a nightmare when it's not your turn for a gig game and you have to remember that play-off games count as cup games, but we've always managed to get all the tickets we want. So far (3 years) it's worked just fine.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
I like the process! so i understand this year do they get League cup 1st round and you get FA cup 3rd round (unless league cup 2nd at home comes first)?

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Our process is set up before the fixtures come out.

As the other half of the shared arrangement I agree that Sully's method is a good one as you know exactly where you stand :ascarf:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I like the process! so i understand this year do they get League cup 1st round and you get FA cup 3rd round (unless league cup 2nd at home comes first)?

That depends on it being a home draw. For example, the pessimists among us would say that we probably won't have a home League Cup game this year. It's always possible tt there aren't any at all in the season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here