Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another US shooting

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nine shot dead in a Charleston church in an apparently racially-motivated attack.

Nine people have died in a shooting at a historic African-American church in Charleston in the US state of South Carolina, officials say.

City police chief Gregory Mullen said eight of the victims were killed inside the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church on Wednesday evening, while another person died shortly afterwards.

Police are now searching for a white male suspect in his 20s.

"I do believe it was a hate crime," Mr Mullen said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33179019

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
:(

At what point will the U.S redefine their gun-laws?

For anyone interested in American Gun-Laws and the mass shootings (and politics / psychology behind it all), I do recommend watching Bowling for Columbine. Fascinating.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
At what point will the U.S redefine their gun-laws?.

They will never relinquish the right to bear arms, I know a few Americans and oddly they think this gives them the power to overthrow the establishment if they so wish !! Little do they know they are one of the most controlled societies in the world.

Gun laws would not stop crimes like these anyway, if your aim to cause racial tension and start a race war you can find weapons.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The pro gun lobby live in a different world to normal people.

Worth pointing out though that all my work colleagues think US gun laws are ridiculous. It's more about vested interests than anything else

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
To be honest, I am going to hang fire on whether this is a true event. It seems the Sandy Hook shootings and the Boston Marathon bombing were false flag events. If you don't believe me, do some research. You will be shocked at how these so-called events were staged and in the case of Sandy Hook, the cynical way that the parents made their children collude with government agencies and the media. There are some dark and subversive forces at play in the US.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Gun laws would not stop crimes like these anyway, if your aim to cause racial tension and start a race war you can find weapons.

Taking the gun away from the offender would dramatically reduce the number of casualties/fatalities in all future/potential mass-murder cases.
So I imagine not having a gun with your only feasible option of a knife/bat/bar will stop multiple crimes.

Pulling a trigger at 35' is a lot easier (mentally) than thrusting a knife into a body.
As grim an analogy as that is, a lot of these mentalists pulling triggers just wouldn't have the ability to create as much (if any) destruction if they didn't have a gun.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

For anyone interested in American Gun-Laws and the mass shootings (and politics / psychology behind it all), I do recommend watching Bowling for Columbine. Fascinating.

I thought Bowling for Columbine was like Spinal Tap for guns.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It would make it hell of a lot more difficult and require substantial cash and planning than just walking into your local Wall Mart and picking up the latest automatic assault rifle. It would most likely have prevented many of the high school massacres from happening as these disaffected teenagers simply wouldn't have had the criminal contacts to have got hold of the arsenal of weapons they could get for free from their uncle's garage.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
To be honest, I am going to hang fire on whether this is a true event. It seems the Sandy Hook shootings and the Boston Marathon bombing were false flag events. If you don't believe me, do some research. You will be shocked at how these so-called events were staged and in the case of Sandy Hook, the cynical way that the parents made their children collude with government agencies and the media. There are some dark and subversive forces at play in the US.

They nearly got me with that one. I'm so glad you were here to explain where i was going wrong

catintinfoilhat.jpg

I'm getting a certain sense of deja vu with your postings, yet see you are a relatively new member. Do you think it's the contrails ?

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014

I don't believe you.

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
America aside, does anyone else think that we are too soft here?

I was once told by a wise man when I was young (my Dad) that if you carried a weapon it is to be assumed that you intend to use it to its fullest, which means to murder. That stuck with me, and that's how I feel now.

I see that the maximum sentence here for illegal possession is 6 months. I find that laughable. I've lost more time watching box sets than this.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

:facepalm:

PS I was starting to respond with a longer critique of this moronic bellendery, but i deleted it because in the end :facepalm: is all this nonsense deserves.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The dark and subversive forces at play is that for every disaster to hit America, they want to justify the 2nd Amendment through conspiracy theories that their government or government agencies are responsible so that they absolutely have the right to bare arms. It's not citizens with guns killing people, it's planned government action trying to make a policy to change gun ownership laws. For anyone to actually swallow this bizarre obsession with their own government being responsible for everything that pretty much goes wrong justifying their right to bare arms hass simply got tin foil for a hat.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
:facepalm:

PS I was starting to respond with a longer critique of this moronic bellendery, but i deleted it because in the end :facepalm: is all this nonsense deserves.

I went with slightly longer critique, but perhaps you are completely right in that it only needs a :facepalm:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Thing is, even if gun laws were changed immediately, with all sales made illegal, what do you do about all of those already in circulation?

The genie is very much out of the bottle.

I'm getting a certain sense of deja vu with your postings, yet see you are a relatively new member. Do you think it's the contrails ?

You're not alone in thinking this. I suspect the amount of YouTube videos linked as 'evidence' would be a fairly clear indication as well.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

A very good film. Still laugh at Michael Moore going into the bank where they gave him a shotgun and cartridges for opening an account, with MM saying something like "is it a good idea to give out a loaded gun in the bank", and the cashier saying something along the lines of "whats wrong with it?"

Do you have any links? I have done a quick search yet can find nothing that looks credible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here