Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your 'Must' Away Trip For Next Season

el punal

At last the fixtures for 2015/16 season are out. As with every year I look forward to a number of away treks on the road (or rail!). There are the usual suspects - Fulham (same as last season please), Charlton, Reading, Q.P.R. - all relatively local.

The one trip, however, that I would like to make is to Preston. We haven't played them in over ten years and their ground looks great - and, a very do-able train journey from Southampton. I will now order the beers and a bottle of wine for the day! :drink:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Preston for me too actually - relatively easy to get to compared with some northern clubs.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I want to go to Charlton - I've seen to a few away games against Charlton but never been to The Valley, something always crops up to stop me. I keep saying this will be the year.

I'd like to do Middlesbrough too, it's near my mum's, but, like last year, it's in the cricket season and I'll be taking the kids to the match (and the year before, it was before Christmas and my mum was down with us)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Birmingham because it's local and because I get tickets.
Bristol because it's easy and I just love that drum!
With one thing and another Cardiff, Derby and Notts Forest, Wolves, Wednesday and Rotherham, and probably Reading (and maybe MK) just about make up my away season this year.

Edit: Home games included that should take me over the 10K miles travelled

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rotherham. Need their new ground for my 92. Crap that's it's Tuesday in Jan.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
These could be rearranged if we are still in the FA Cup:

Hull (R4)
Cardiff (R5)
Charlton (SF) :jester:

Thanks Ace. Very good point, particularly re Hull, which I'm otherwise nailed on to do.

Other current Championship side current ground to complete the set for me, Rotherham, is on a Tuesday night. Still going to try my best having missed out last season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Rotherham is a possibility...people on here have said they've enjoyed the day out...and a weekend in Yorkshire would be nice...having said that I've not checked when the fixture is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here