Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Changes to BT Sport

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Just got this email - always expected it to arrive at some point.

Downgrading is very quick and easy.

Hello,

This season BT Sport is the only place you'll be able to watch the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League live. They're no longer on Sky Sports or ITV.

Your BT Sport Pack

You'll find both competitions on BT Sport Europe. It's a brand new channel in your BT Sport Pack, which already includes Barclays Premier League football, The FA Cup, MotoGP™ and European rugby.

If you do nothing, your BT Sport Pack will cost £5 a month from 1 August 2015.

But you can get the BT Sport Pack for free by taking BT TV. You can keep it on your app and online player and watch it on your big screen as well. BT TV is available subscription-free for 12 months and comes with a YouView box. Call 0800 103 800 or click below.

BT Sport Lite

If you want to continue watching BT Sport for free without taking BT TV, you can downgrade to BT Sport Lite – our basic pack with access to BT Sport 1 only. But you would miss out on the UEFA Champions League, The FA Cup, European rugby, MotoGP™ and much more

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just got this email - always expected it to arrive at some point.

Downgrading is very quick and easy.

I signed up to BT Sport through Sky a month or so back when it was marketed to me that they would be getting the champions league. They'd highlighted they'd be a price increase so getting it at a fixed price for 12 months with no signing on fee and free HD seemed like a decent deal. They've since announced that it's going to cost me an extra £5 a month to get the one thing I wanted to watch. Suddenly £13 a month becomes £18 and on top of what I pay sky it will push my bill very close to £100 a month just for the TV part. Not happy.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Did you get that simply because you're a BT broadband customer? I am one, but haven't (yet) received said email....

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Did you get that simply because you're a BT broadband customer? I am one, but haven't (yet) received said email....

I got it free with BT BROADBAND, I have received email to tell me I need to pay £5 extra a month. Not happy they get you to sign up and get free sports, then they move the goalposts

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm a broadband customer and have had the email. Renegotiated my package with BT just a month ago and no mention of this. Not impressed although not suprised.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Hmmm. Then I guess I will get it too. That'll be me looking for a new broadband supplier when my contract is up, which I think is coincidentally in August.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I have BT Broadband but am out of contract even to get the the BT Sport lite deal they want me to sign up to another 18 months. I shant bother paying the £5 a month for the champions league.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham

Yes, with BT for line rental and Broadband, have to admit only watched it on the app once or twice in about 18 months so no big loss for me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only switched to BT Broadband for the £100 Saino's voucher and to put an end to AOL fleecing me for years on broadband costs due to my inbuilt inertia. Had the BT line rental already so it was a bit of a no-brainer really. BT Sport was a tiny wee bit of a bonus, tho rarely watched it. The email gives a handy link to downgrade to the free 'BT Sport Light'. Job done :thumbsup:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Probably time for me to pack in the sports packages with Sky and BT. They overstretched to win rights and realise they can't afford them so hike the prices.

If there's a game on Sky or BT then there's a pretty sure bet there'll be a stream with English commentary somewhere.

The only thing I'll miss will be sky's f1 coverage which is superb.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
So what's the catch with signing up for BT TV and throwing the box in the bin when it arrives?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I could see this coming but still not happy just signed an 18 month contract for infinity, because their basic broadband w a s useless . Kept with by for the free sport. I will just down grade.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
I'm with Virgin Media and we get BT Sport's channels for free in HD as well with the XL package.

There is currently 'no news' what, if any, extra charge there will be to have BT Sport Europe.

SwedishSonna

Aug 9, 2005
Newcastle upon Tyne
If you're in contact for both BT Infinity and BT TV, you don't need to pay anything additional.

If you're in contract for BT Infinity but have Sky TV, you'll need to pay £5 a month if you want all the BT Sport channels (you'll get BT Sport 1 and Extra for free if just in contract for BB).

Alternatively, you can pay a one off £35 for the year for a non-recordable YouView box that gives you all the sport. Must be on Infinity though.

If you can't get Infinity and haven't got Sky, you can get BT Sport over app access.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
BT are moving European football to its new BT Europe channel. Virgin media are in discussions with BT about aquiring that chanell. I guess it wont be free.
I'm with Virgin Media and we get BT Sport's channels for free in HD as well with the XL package.

There is currently 'no news' what, if any, extra charge there will be to have BT Sport Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here