Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is it ok to laugh at that

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Is it ok to laugh at that

No ..... er, yes, er, er ...... I don't know any more. I think the safest thing these days is not to talk to anyone for fear of causing offence to somebody who may or may not have overheard. But maybe that's offensive to mute people. #confused

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No ..... er, yes, er, er ...... I don't know any more. I think the safest thing these days is not to talk to anyone for fear of causing offence to somebody who may or may not have overheard. But maybe that's offensive to mute people. #confused

Not often Freddie Starr and Radio 4 get mentioned in the same thread but I was listening to it this morning and there was a trailer for a programme called "The Moral Maze" at 8 tonight. Its discussion is whether we have gone too far as a society in both identifying as and feeling offended for victims. Apparently 75% of us now consider ourselves victims (no idea how they got that stat mind you).

It is actually a fascinating subject philosophically and I'd probably give it a listen were I not out for a pub meal for the missus' birthday. I shall have to settle for not commenting on the barmaid's cleavage one way or another.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's a long way of saying my initial, natural reaction to the tweet in the OP was to laugh #ManOfThe70s

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
. Apparently 75% of us now consider ourselves victims (no idea how they got that stat mind you).

Actually, I consider myself a victim of tedium having watched so much crap last season at home.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not often Freddie Starr and Radio 4 get mentioned in the same thread but I was listening to it this morning and there was a trailer for a programme called "The Moral Maze" at 8 tonight. Its discussion is whether we have gone too far as a society in both identifying as and feeling offended for victims. Apparently 75% of us now consider ourselves victims (no idea how they got that stat mind you).

It is actually a fascinating subject philosophically and I'd probably give it a listen were I not out for a pub meal for the missus' birthday. I shall have to settle for not commenting on the barmaid's cleavage one way or another.

The problem is that I was feeling I was in the 25% who aren't victims but as I'm in a minority I am now starting to feel that I'm being victimised for not being a victim. It is a vicious circle!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here