Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online estate agents

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Good morning sages of NSC,

Does anyone have any recommendations for or experience of using online estate agents? I've got a property to put on the rental market and would like to advertise it on Zoopla and Right Move etc, and understand that this can only be done using an agent. As I live pretty close to where the property is, I don't need a managed service or anything so have been told to look at online agents instead.

Go!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I've not used them myself, but have experience when buying from them - It is a bit of a PITA to be honest as the buyer and their solicitor have had to deal with the seller directly, and while estate agents don't have a great reputation, they do know their stuff. A seller in a transaction I'm involved in right now is in a right tizz because he isn't experienced and doesn't understand some of the complexities in the process. The 'delays' are driving him nuts - Offer accepted 7 weeks ago, go figure.....

Obviously, none of the above is your problem, but I wanted to share my experience.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The online EA concept in principal should be way more popular than it its, I wonder why?

I suspect because many people are not comfortable with the process of marketing and selling the most financially valuable things they'll ever own. It can be a stressful process......

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I use visum.co.uk. £69 to put your rental propert on all the major website.

All info on landlord reqs. and samples of AST etc. can be found via various online resources for landlords. It really is a piece of piss and not worth the minimum of £500+Vat that a letting agent will charge to market your property.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

All info on landlord reqs. and samples of AST etc. can be found via various online resources for landlords. It really is a piece of piss and not worth the minimum of £500+Vat that a letting agent will charge to market your property.

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for. I'll definitely check them out. Cheers.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for. I'll definitely check them out. Cheers.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Really can't be any worse than traditional agents can they? I'm in the middle of moving. If I did my job like the ones I've dealt with, I'd have been sacked many years ago. They do next to nothing except grossly mislead and excel in bullshit and incompetence. All the time they pretend to be on your side when in fact, they act in no-one's interests but their own and then charge outrageous fees. Go for an on-line option, I wish I had.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
So many replies could be from my wife because they haven't looked at the question.:lol:

We used to go direct on Gumtree and it was brilliant but last time we used it was 5 years back and had some dodgy people round. The tenants still there today are from that advert though. Could be worth a try and free. We always Google prospective tenants names. It stopped us taking a few.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...A seller in a transaction I'm involved in right now is in a right tizz because he isn't experienced and doesn't understand some of the complexities in the process. The 'delays' are driving him nuts - Offer accepted 7 weeks ago, go figure.....

this is hardly unique to online option though. i've not had terrible estate agents, but they are mostly useless once the offer is in and the process relies on the seller/buyer to chase everyone regularly to keep things moving or resolve problems. while they might serve some purpose, they certainly dont justify their fees. online estate agents should shake them up so that the good ones carry on while the rest can operate as glorified key holders that they are.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
So many replies could be from my wife because they haven't looked at the question.:lol:

We used to go direct on Gumtree and it was brilliant but last time we used it was 5 years back and had some dodgy people round. The tenants still there today are from that advert though. Could be worth a try and free. We always Google prospective tenants names. It stopped us taking a few.

yes, I hold my hands up to that one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here