Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Cardiff possible fixture move

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Maybe not 5pm as England play Australia in World Cup Rugby at 8pm. Would have a serious impact on attendance if they did that I reckon.

I feel the opposite is true football finishes at 7:15ish, club then put the Rugby on the big screens for the fans with beer and food in hand

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I feel the opposite is true football finishes at 7:15ish, club then put the Rugby on the big screens for the fans with beer and food in hand

True for some but I reckon many will ditch footie that day for the feast of rugby that is South Africa v Scotland at 4.45 followed by the big one, England v Cons at 8 in comfort of own home/pub/rugby parties.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
True for some but I reckon many will ditch footie that day for the feast of rugby that is South Africa v Scotland at 4.45 followed by the big one, England v Cons at 8 in comfort of own home/pub/rugby parties.

Really, I doubt it SA v Scotland meh, Sky+ the England or watch it at the Amex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There's no way I'd sack off a Brighton game for watching Scotland in the egg chasing. Doesn't even appear on my radar.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
There's no way I'd sack off a Brighton game for watching Scotland in the egg chasing. Doesn't even appear on my radar.

I wasn't offering a view of rugby v football, but instead trying to look at it commercially, the way the Albion's and teams' we are playing Boards will. Potential significant drop in attendance with consequent loss of revenue will likely influence them to shift.

Stick to 3pm and much less of a problem. Not so true for quarters, semis and final which all directly clash as 4pm kick offs, as in other thread on rugby/Albion clashes.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I wasn't offering a view of rugby v football, but instead trying to look at it commercially, the way the Albion's and teams' we are playing Boards will. Potential significant drop in attendance with consequent loss of revenue will likely influence them to shift.

Stick to 3pm and much less of a problem. Not so true for quarters, semis and final which all directly clash as 4pm kick offs, as in other thread on rugby/Albion clashes.

The problem with 3PM K/O is that the University have their open day that day. In previous years as they use the car parks hence the Albion game has had to be moved back. N.B. I am not saying this will defiantly happen for the Cardiff game.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hopefully Friday evening 2nd October as I go away on 4th although any kick off time on 3rd would be ok for me.

BensGrandad and I had an earlier post about our holidays, both away from the 4th. So late KO or move to Friday for Sky. Any when but Sunday. Of the two matches I miss it's Leeds away (again, always seems Leeds in October), and MK Dons at home in November, happy with that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This problem ( University Open Day/ Students Start of Year date) seems to affect the Albion every season. Haven't the club got a 'dispensation get out' on 2 of the 46 fixtures or is that a load of old baloney?
I agree. It often leaves us with just one home game in October. That's lousy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where the date of the Uni open days is known well in advance why cant the club request either an away game or that day be avoided in advance of the fixture release. The police veto certajn days as unable tl police them, why not the club get a similar dispensation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There's always a bit of adjustment with fixtures once they come out. University open day isn't generally a problem as we have merely kicked off later. Happy with later kick off as tend spend the early afternoon in a Lewes pub!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This problem ( University Open Day/ Students Start of Year date) seems to affect the Albion every season. Haven't the club got a 'dispensation get out' on 2 of the 46 fixtures or is that a load of old baloney?

Perhaps the club asked for an away game on Boxing Day ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here