Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much do the Fixtures Mean to You?

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Never used to mean too much for me, we play everyone twice so who cares when?

However since becoming a long distance fan (Devon,) they mean a lot more. Home games around bank holidays, and as few midweek home games as possible mean I can get to more games!

Also a week where we are at home twice and maybe in London too will almost certainly be a week off of work for me.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
It's good to have some sort of starting point but they'll probably be changed around for when Sky want to sample the pies down at the Amex !

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Am moving to France in 10 days time which will mean a significant increase on travelling times and cost.

IF ..( a big 'if') the fixtures stayed as they are now I can book flights ahead from La Rochelle to Southampton for a cost of about £100 return and a 2-3 hour travelling time each way (including rail travel to the Amex).

When they change the fixtures at very short notice (bloody Sky TV), often the plane is already full and the cost prohibitive. This leaves me with the cross channel Ferry (Newhaven to Dieppe). Cost will work out at at an average of £250-£300 return (fuel and ferry charge) and a travelling time of 12-13 hours each way.

Does anyone (Acker ?) have the details of how many home fixtures were changed last season from the original dates given ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Very important I'd say. Certain matches where you do overnighters for a Saturday night out with local friends need to be sorted and if you hang around with a bunch of senile gits like I do they need a lot of planning. Ipswich away ..August is perfect ....... Come on Sky, f**k it up.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I only get to see the first two games of the season and so I am very happy with Forest (h) and Fulham (a) (plus Southend A if I fancy it)

I may also be back over Christmas time so again delighted to see that the 2 away games in that timelsot are London based (QPR and Brentford)

Only downside for me this season is no new grounds.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not too bothered to make a diary note of any games beyond Forest at the moment, at least until the usual jiggery-pokery of the first round of date & time changes is completed

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very important I'd say. Certain matches where you do overnighters for a Saturday night out with local friends need to be sorted and if you hang around with a bunch of senile gits like I do they need a lot of planning. Ipswich away ..August is perfect ....... Come on Sky, f**k it up.

This

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
My favourite part of fixtures day is people posting they'll have to miss game X because they are on holiday or game Y because they have to attend a wedding that day. Absolutely thrilling stuff, can't get enough of it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My favourite part of fixtures day is people posting they'll have to miss game X because they are on holiday or game Y because they have to attend a wedding that day. Absolutely thrilling stuff, can't get enough of it.

Is the right answer.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bar the Boxing Day game, not much. A few will be moved for varying reasons so difficult to make plans.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

I'm on holiday for the Forest game.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Made me do a lol

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Am moving to France in 10 days time which will mean a significant increase on travelling times and cost.

IF ..( a big 'if') the fixtures stayed as they are now I can book flights ahead from La Rochelle to Southampton for a cost of about £100 return and a 2-3 hour travelling time each way (including rail travel to the Amex).

When they change the fixtures at very short notice (bloody Sky TV), often the plane is already full and the cost prohibitive. This leaves me with the cross channel Ferry (Newhaven to Dieppe). Cost will work out at at an average of £250-£300 return (fuel and ferry charge) and a travelling time of 12-13 hours each way.

Does anyone (Acker ?) have the details of how many home fixtures were changed last season from the original dates given ?

maybe worth looking into flying from Bordeaux,they (easyjet) fly to Gatwick?

I've just pencilled in Bristol City 20th October,currently return flights from Toulouse will set me back 97 euros,excellent value

I already know my holidays for next year so the fixtures being released fairly well in advance is great news

can and have done weekend games,but the flights are so much cheaper midweek

and Bristol City on a Tuesday night is very unlikely to be moved,that said I haven't checked the League Cup dates!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Just for you Ace.

I'll be missing Forest because I'm holiday, Blackburn as I'm in Cologne on a stag weekend and Hull as I'm at the wedding of said stag do. First home game will be end of September. ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here