Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Evans to host Top Gear

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
TV and radio presenter Chris Evans will be the new Top Gear presenter, the BBC has announced.

Evans said he was "thrilled" to get the job, describing the motoring show as his "favourite programme of all time".

"I promise I will do everything I possibly can to respect what has gone on before and take the show forward," he added.

He will replace Jeremy Clarkson, who was sacked after punching a producer while on location.

Wheel LOOSE

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They will feature in the first show I expect.
Perhaps they can use one to resurrect that game they used to play on 'It's a Knockout', where ten men with sledgehammers had to post a piano through a letter box ...........

If they could add the element of surprise from 'You Have Been Framed' they really would have the basis of a cracking first show!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Perhaps they can use one to resurrect that game they used to play on 'It's a Knockout', where ten men with sledgehammers had to post a piano through a letter box ...........

If they could add the element of surprise from 'You Have Been Framed' they really would have the basis of a cracking first show!

With him or his car?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Anyone else think Chris Evans is a tw@t ?

I used to but I've grown to like him now he's more grown up and less hyperactive. Seems a genuine guy ..... albeit rather rich.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Replacing one tw@t with another one. This is almost as hilarious as Donald Trump's announcement that he is running for US president.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
BBC presenters are a bit like managers in the football league.....even if they are not very good, they always seen to get the next job rather than the employer going with a riskier but more interesting option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here