Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Sweeney

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Seems we are monitoring him....but have some high profile competition....

Arsenal are tracking the progress of AFC Wimbledon starlet Ryan Sweeney, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the player.

The 18-year-old defender made his first-team debut for the League Two side at the end of last season, which capped an impressive nine months for the youngster as he started the 2014/15 campaign as part of the club’s Under-18 squad.

Sweeney’s progress has now come to the attention of Premier League heavyweights Arsenal, whose scouts have been impressed by him in recent months.

The Gunners are renowned for their development of promising young talent and are always on the lookout for further potential to add to their

But Arsenal are not the only club keeping tabs on his progress, with Championship duo Fulham and Brighton & Hove Albion also monitoring him closely.

Sweeney, who has come through the youth ranks at Wimbledon, is currently with Republic of Ireland’s Under-18 squad after receiving his first international call-up earlier this summer.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...ated-wimbledon-full-back-ryan-sweeney/page/1/

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
yeah yeah yeah....am i the only one getting bored to death with all this shyte.....get 'em in or keep shctumb.....didn't have all this bollox in the goldstone days.......go to the match , moan yer head off , go to the pub , go home....iranians, iranians ffs i ask ya.......if i lived in sussex and i was a sth i would have bought one by now ....endless speculation about who or who not we may be signing / looking at would have absolutely no bearing on my decision .....if you are gonna buy a few players ffs just get on and do it......you know how bad we will all feel next may when we are 4th from bottom with bruno in goal and dunk up front....come on ...get ****ing real will ya...!!??

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
At least there's an easy to learn word free song for him ready to go. Wouldn't be too long before someone complains it gets sung too fast though.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What with our Irish connections then maybe this is either a goer? Or the reporter knows about our Irish connections and just put our name in the report to fill it out!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Maybe a hint of a chance with our Irish connection but it's the lad himself who is bandying the Arsenal link around and if it's our DS vs their DS I guess it's a no-brainier :shrug:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
yeah yeah yeah....am i the only one getting bored to death with all this shyte.....get 'em in or keep shctumb.....didn't have all this bollox in the goldstone days.......go to the match , moan yer head off , go to the pub , go home....iranians, iranians ffs i ask ya.......if i lived in sussex and i was a sth i would have bought one by now ....endless speculation about who or who not we may be signing / looking at would have absolutely no bearing on my decision .....if you are gonna buy a few players ffs just get on and do it......you know how bad we will all feel next may when we are 4th from bottom with bruno in goal and dunk up front....come on ...get ****ing real will ya...!!??

:lolol:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
What with our Irish connections then maybe this is either a goer? Or the reporter knows about our Irish connections and just put our name in the report to fill it out!

What exactly are our Irish connections ?

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
As mentioned above but also we have Rea as the Irish u21 captain, plus I believe we have a couple of Irish lads in their national set up.[/QUOTE

ok fair point but is that any greater than say Readings Irish connections or Man UTDs

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
As mentioned above but also we have Rea as the Irish u21 captain, plus I believe we have a couple of Irish lads in their national set up.[/QUOTE

ok fair point but is that any greater than say Readings Irish connections or Man UTDs

Its quite possible that he has already been coached by John Morling during his formative Irish international career.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I find it difficult to understand how as a source of quality Albion info you dont know about John Morling's connection to the FAI

Simple really i wasnt aware of John Morlings connections ps i didnt put that header on there

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
As mentioned above but also we have Rea as the Irish u21 captain, plus I believe we have a couple of Irish lads in their national set up.

Plus Rian O'Sullivan , Jayson Molumby, Thomas Byrne and Daniel Mandriou have all recently been welcomes into the u-18 squad.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
21H1711l-DL.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here