Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Cup 1st round draw

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Tomorrow at 10 am and making the new season seem that little bit closer. Portsmouth or Crawley for me. Can anyone share a list of the unseeded southern teams we could face?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There may not be a north/south split this year but it's hard to find any official info on this.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Usually is a split regional divide. Hope for a home tie against some easy to beat team on a balmy August evening.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least we are going to get some proper albion news today :rock:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
There may not be a north/south split this year but it's hard to find any official info on this.

Usually is a split regional divide. Hope for a home tie against some easy to beat team on a balmy August evening.

the regional split that allowed us to play Shrewsbury in the first round one year. In driving up there we drove right past Walsall stadium who were seeded in the northern section.

As as memory serves not only did we loose in extra time, but someone was knocked down by a car outside the stadium, so at the end of the game no one was able to leave the stadium car park.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know there has been a supposed north south split in the past.

THIS YEAR, there is no official indication that this will happen, as the published seeded and unseeded groups are not regionalised, and there is no official mention of a split.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Historically, we've been pretty crap in the League Cup. Thus pretty much any team in the draw would give me expectations of a turgid performance & a strong possibility of defeat.

Wouldn't mind Barnet away. New ground & all that.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here