Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which company to do a PPI claim?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the last 15 minutes I've had 3 callers offering to make a PPI claim for me. I don't take cold calls, but maybe I should get a company to check if I have a PPI claim.

If I knew I had a good claim to make, maybe I'd fill in some forms myself, but I don't think I've ever had PPI, so I don't want to waste my time. I'm happy for one of these companies to waste their time though, and there's a small chance they might find I've been mis-sold PPI, in which case I get some money - wahoo!

So can anyone recommend a decent company to check a PPI claim for me?

Thanks

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In the last 15 minutes I've had 3 callers offering to make a PPI claim for me. I don't take cold calls, but maybe I should get a company to check if I have a PPI claim.

If I knew I had a good claim to make, maybe I'd fill in some forms myself, but I don't think I've ever had PPI, so I don't want to waste my time. I'm happy for one of these companies to waste their time though, and there's a small chance they might find I've been mis-sold PPI, in which case I get some money - wahoo!

So can anyone recommend a decent company to check a PPI claim for me?

Thanks

Investigate it yourself, do not give away 30% of any money to these people

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Investigate it yourself, do not give away 30% of any money to these people
I explained that the reason I don't want to do it myself is that I don't think I've ever been mis-sold PPI, so I think it will be a waste of time.

I spent about 20 minutes on the phone to Natwest and did it myself. It's very simple.The banks have people who just deal with this so don't throw away 30%
Before you called NW did you think you'd ever had PPI? I don't mind calling my bank if it's simply to ask them to do the work for me.

I would never have done it myself, so used Goldsmith Williams. £5k back so far.

Drop me a PM and I'll introduce you
Thanks. Do you know what % they take? Do I need introducing, rather than just calling them?

Stumpy Tim

In all seriousness, one thing they did do very well is investigate claims that I didn't realise I had. Some old loans I had were actually run by another company & hence I would never have been able to chase it myself. Yes they take a good chunk, but it was money I would never have received

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Before you called NW did you think you'd ever had PPI? I don't mind calling my bank if it's simply to ask them to do the work for me.

A financial consultant mate of mine asked me if I'd ever had any loans and when I said yes he said I should just ring to see if they had PPI attached. So I rang and a couple of loans from about ten years ago did.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just tried my bank - can't make the enquiry over the phone, need to write in to them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I explained that the reason I don't want to do it myself is that I don't think I've ever been mis-sold PPI, so I think it will be a waste of time.

this is the place to start and finish. change the question to "have i ever had PPI on any loan". if answer is no, forget about it. if answer is dont know, look at the old agreements and statements that will show it. if the answer is yes, apply using standard letter, nothing to loose.

ignore the "mis-sold" question, the banks arent very much bothered in checking beyond if you made the payments. everyone including the banks is working to a default that they were mis-sold.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
This is a worrying thread, rather than spend 5 minutes filling a standard form and sending it to which ever bank you would rather risk paying a company x amount of money you could possibly be owed. Even if you don't think you are due anything why take the risk rather than spending a little of your own time?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I cant wait until every person in the land has got back their PPI claims, then all these PPI company's can then **** RIGHT OFF AND STOP PHONING AND EMAILING ME!!!!!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
this is the place to start and finish. change the question to "have i ever had PPI on any loan". if answer is no, forget about it.
I was already working on that question, and the answer is, I don't think I've ever had PPI. Certainly not through choice.

if answer is dont know, look at the old agreements and statements that will show it
Too many old agreements to search for.

This is a worrying thread, rather than spend 5 minutes filling a standard form and sending it to which ever bank you would rather risk paying a company x amount of money you could possibly be owed. Even if you don't think you are due anything why take the risk rather than spending a little of your own time?
5 minutes :lol: I could spend a few hours and I wouldn't get anywhere.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I was already working on that question, and the answer is, I don't think I've ever had PPI. Certainly not through choice.

Too many old agreements to search for.

5 minutes :lol: I could spend a few hours and I wouldn't get anywhere.

Really, how many loans or bank accounts have you had in recent years. It's the same letter to each with the name/address changed. Hell it's your money and if you happy to risk throwing it away that's your choice.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really, how many loans or bank accounts have you had in recent years.
Bank accounts - possibly two. Mortgages - lots.

It's the same letter to each with the name/address changed. Hell it's your money and if you happy to risk throwing it away that's your choice.
I appreciate the advice, thanks. The thing is, I don't think there is any money in it, as I'd always opt out of something like PPI if I had the choice. So ordinarily I wouldn't even bother checking.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I thought I only had PPI on my current account, I ended up being paid out on 4 claims. You might not know you had it, that's sort of the point!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here