Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
And judging by this transfer window so far, there's a high chance of it being none of those and instead a player none of us have heard of and who is over 6ft, of African descent and plays in the Jupiler league.

Sheff Utd hiked the price they want for Murphy after initially accepting an offer. Don't know if we have gone back with an increased offer or not. The Iranian lad has said he wants to stay in Netherlands. Don't know anything about the others

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I presume that Bennett will depend upon who Norwich get in over the next month or two. If it happens at all I would expect it to be late in the window and probably as a loan.

Elliott Bennett would possibly have played frequently at Norwich under CH if he hadn't got injured, so he does like him as a player but I don't think he will go for him. The reason is thus. David Mc Nally at Norwich is quite ruthless in negotiations so we wouldnt get him at a price which justifies what he is really worth. We would probably have to pay more than he is worth to get him

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
Just got back from walking dog past training ground, no sky cameras no sing of Zamora either, all quiet on the western front today I'm afraid

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Elliott Bennett would possibly have played frequently at Norwich under CH if he hadn't got injured, so he does like him as a player but I don't think he will go for him. The reason is thus. David Mc Nally at Norwich is quite ruthless in negotiations so we wouldnt get him at a price which justifies what he is really worth. We would probably have to pay more than he is worth to get him

The only thing that might change that dynamic would be if they wanted him off the wage bill? I would hope that we are concentrating on buying players who we can profit on as that it the way forward for the club currently. If they want too much money then we should look elsewhere.
We are in no position to pay £12m for a Jordan Rhodes type and without that we need to find unpolished diamonds and improve incrementally, which to be fair has been the plan from the off I think...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sheff Utd hiked the price they want for Murphy after initially accepting an offer. Don't know if we have gone back with an increased offer or not. The Iranian lad has said he wants to stay in Netherlands. Don't know anything about the others
Is Murphy the professional northerner, or was that Marshall?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not sure what's meant by professional northerner. Murphy is obviously Scottish. I don't know the first thing about Marshall

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My apologies, I thought everyone knew he was Scottish as it was mentioned many times in the thread about him
To be fair I probably have read that; I'n have trouble remembering which of these wingers is which.

Can we not just be in for Craig Conway instead? I know that he's Scottish and could put in a very decent cross.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To be fair I probably have read that; I'n have trouble remembering which of these wingers is which.

Can we not just be in for Craig Conway instead? I know that he's Scottish and could put in a very decent cross.

Unless he's on his left foot........

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just landed in my email box.

Bladders

I know it was agreed that should my information not be correct you would give me a good kicking in THE ORCHESTRA PIT

I am sure you will also understand that when it was announced, someone else wanted to SING one of our Numbers

The DIRECTOR OF MUSIC had to start looking for a different song to SING and as it is well known THE UMBRELLA MAN WANTS TO HAVE THAT SAME NUMBER AS ONE OF HIS TOONS

I am sure that you and your fellow CHOIR MEMBERS WANT A GOOD SONG TO SING and as such that is now the priority
Any chance you can avoid kicking me in the BATON as I may need that this week end

THE [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CONDUCTOR

[/FONT]???

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Bladders

I know it was agreed that should my information not be correct you would give me a good kicking in THE ORCHESTRA PIT

I am sure you will also understand that when it was announced, someone else wanted to SING one of our Numbers

The DIRECTOR OF MUSIC had to start looking for a different song to SING and as it is well known THE UMBRELLA MAN WANTS TO HAVE THAT SAME NUMBER AS ONE OF HIS TOONS

I am sure that you and your fellow CHOIR MEMBERS WANT A GOOD SONG TO SING and as such that is now the priority
Any chance you can avoid kicking me in the BATON as I may need that this week end

[/FONT]???

We've lost out on a player to Newcastle? Who? Give your Conductor a kick in the balls anyway!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Bladders

[/FONT]???
Steve McClaren wants to sign Dunk which means that our new signings have been put on the back burner for a day or two while PB negotiates (rinses them) for a fee? Maybe???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here