Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

larus

I fully accept that there are many things to be sorted but why can they not have been sorted and agreed as we did with Tim Krul. and Liverpool did with VVD and apparently Liverpool and Barcelona have done with Coutiinho .granted the fee is greater but the principal is the same.

Maybe, just maybe, Liverpool and Barcelona are viewed as big clubs to play for and Brighton (who?) are viewed as a 1 or 2 season wonder in the Premier League. For someone who claims to have been involved in scouting etc at such a high level, you really do lack common sense. Maybe it’s just a bit of senility creeping in.

Just accept that we are not a big draw for TOP quality signings. This may change if we get established, but a few years ago we were in league 1. It’s really into complicated to understand.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe, just maybe, Liverpool and Barcelona are viewed as big clubs to play for and Brighton (who?) are viewed as a 1 or 2 season wonder in the Premier League. For someone who claims to have been involved in scouting etc at such a high level, you really do lack common sense. Maybe it’s just a bit of senility creeping in.

Just accept that we are not a big draw for TOP quality signings. This may change if we get established, but a few years ago we were in league 1. It’s really into complicated to understand.

Any chance you could let me know how Bournemouth have managed it every season that they have been in the Premier League then?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
By paying over the odds.

Could be that they paid the going rate, hence the fact that they survived for two seasons and imo will survive this year too. At some stage, before the end of this window, we may have to accept “paying over the odds” to survive this season too?

Just how much has “paying over the odds” earned them in the last three years? Sounds like good business to me :shrug:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Could be that they paid the going rate, hence the fact that they survived for two seasons and imo will survive this year too. At some stage, before the end of this window, we may have to accept “paying over the odds” to survive this season too?

Just how much has “paying over the odds” earned them in the last three years? Sounds like good business to me :shrug:

why pay over the odds? We must do what's in the best interests of the club in the long term or risk going the same way as Leeds.

We need to sign the right players at the right price. No money grabbing mercenaries. Better to have a hole in the squad than an a*sehole in the squad.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
why pay over the odds? We must do what's in the best interests of the club in the long term or risk going the same way as Leeds.

We need to sign the right players at the right price. No money grabbing mercenaries. Better to have a hole in the squad than an ******** in the squad.

Not sure why paying the rate that other clubs are willing to pay means we’ll get a mercenary but I do accept the complications of breaking the wage structure. This is the only reason I can think of that we can’t get the required quality of striker. Yes there has been some bad luck with failed medicals but fail again and it cannot possibly be unlucky again can it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've always felt there was a disconnect, at the top of the club, between what constitutes the going rate, for a striker, and an over the odds valuation.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lewis Grabban £10m
Nathan Ake £20m

7 million for Grabban. Hardly expensive when you are in the Premier league.

So two names despite being in the Premier league for a few years now. I'll take that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Any chance you could let me know how Bournemouth have managed it every season that they have been in the Premier League then?

By paying over the odds.
They got Josh King on a free from Blackburn and Callum Wilson for é3.7 from Coventry either would benefit our team so the players are available. and both are worth a lot more now. Also I dont expect us to be classed as a big club like Liverpool etc but in comparison to many leagues and clubs just being in The Premier League would be seen as such by a lot of players. It all depends on where you cast your net.to fish them out.

Last edited:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
so into the second week of the window and Murphy out the only activity. Anyone think this will be the week when the much needed striker arrives?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
so into the second week of the window and Murphy out the only activity. Anyone think this will be the week when the much needed striker arrives?

I bloody hope so with a crucial game coming up on Saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here