Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Leandro Trossard... nice! :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They won't put up enough dosh IMHO... Tony is not going to let him go for the 30 quoted... if they put up 50 then, yes, maybe Tony will go for it...

We can afford to chill then, because nobody, and l mean nobody, will be putting up fifty million for Lewis Dunk.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We can afford to chill then, because nobody, and l mean nobody, will be putting up fifty million for Lewis Dunk.

Errr... I should have said IMHO in my earlier post. The thing is if Leicester get £80m to £85m for Maguire (as reported) then you can be pretty certain we are not going to let Dunky go for just over a third of those figures IMHO...

I hope that helps you to chill! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe we are waiting to sing someone at AFCON or Copa America - which could mean a delay until July for the player ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Errr... I should have said IMHO in my earlier post. The thing is if Leicester get £80m to £85m for Maguire (as reported) then you can be pretty certain we are not going to let Dunky go for just over a third of those figures IMHO...

I hope that helps you to chill! ;-)

Well it doesn't necessarily follow that Leicester will spend their new found booty on Lewis does it? . . . I mean, there are other good centre halves out there.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well it doesn't necessarily follow that Leicester will spend their new found booty on Lewis does it? . . . I mean, there are other good centre halves out there.

I said we won’t sell for 30. We won’t.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Trossard... Shirley?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Juan Mata! [emoji6]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As good a place as any:-

[tweet]1140641726488559616[/tweet]

Blue Walter

Jun 15, 2019
Hi, Pompey supporter here. There doesn't seem much interest on the possible signing of our Matt Clarke. Most here (Pompey end) are resigned to losing him and probably to Brighton. He is far too good for League 1 and he is definitely at the very least Championship level. Is he good enough for the Premiership? Well his improvement season by season would suggest that if he is not ready now he will be very soon. If you sign him you will have a very good young player who can go on to bigger things. The thing is that Pompey do not need to sell any players so if a club comes in for one of our players they will have to pay the asking price. That is not playing 'poker' it is a fact and the club would be only too happy if the two of our most 'bankable' players stayed at Fratton Park. Some will see that as bad business by not cashing in on a player with only 1 year left on his contract but with him staying put we will have a better team for next season. If we were to get promoted next season there would be every chance that Clarke could tie himself to Pompey for longer as he loves the life round here. Some of you seem to think that Pompey should accept what Brighton have offered but Pompey will not budge unless they get a good deal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well at least we are 1 day closer to our 1st singing of the summer, whenever that may be.

:albion2:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Hi, Pompey supporter here. There doesn't seem much interest on the possible signing of our Matt Clarke. Most here (Pompey end) are resigned to losing him and probably to Brighton. He is far too good for League 1 and he is definitely at the very least Championship level. Is he good enough for the Premiership? Well his improvement season by season would suggest that if he is not ready now he will be very soon. If you sign him you will have a very good young player who can go on to bigger things. The thing is that Pompey do not need to sell any players so if a club comes in for one of our players they will have to pay the asking price. That is not playing 'poker' it is a fact and the club would be only too happy if the two of our most 'bankable' players stayed at Fratton Park. Some will see that as bad business by not cashing in on a player with only 1 year left on his contract but with him staying put we will have a better team for next season. If we were to get promoted next season there would be every chance that Clarke could tie himself to Pompey for longer as he loves the life round here. Some of you seem to think that Pompey should accept what Brighton have offered but Pompey will not budge unless they get a good deal.

Yes it does seem to be going very slowly for some reason as it's clear that we are interested. I don't think the price is the sticking point, maybe we're waiting to see what happens with our current CB's? Who knows.

I guess there is a chance that if he does stay (as does Jamal) then this should give you the best chance to get back into the Championship which if you do go up, could well mean both of them signing new contracts next summer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here