Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Possibly confirmed today?

They've guessed several times now about Clarke's transfer. They said he was having a medical three weeks ago. (he wasn't and they deleted the tweet) . They guessed the fee was £5m (they had no idea and it probably isn't). They changed tack yesterday and guessed it was all done again (it still wasn't).
Their other guesses involve Leicester , Shane Duffy and Harry McGuire (again - simply no idea).

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
'Transfer News Live'

:lolol:

This is a really really bad transfer account lol. You shouldn't believe anything they say.

"Transfer Guessing Live"

They've guessed several times now about Clarke's transfer. They said he was having a medical three weeks ago. (he wasn't and they deleted the tweet) . They guessed the fee was £5m (they had no idea and it probably isn't). They changed tack yesterday and guessed it was all done again (it still wasn't).
Their other guesses involve Leicester , Shane Duffy and Harry McGuire (again - simply no idea).

d2208dc06f605dd38ba5cd47dfbb5768.jpg

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Latest from The Arsegas on Clarke deal....

Albion are closing in on the signing of Portsmouth defender Matt Clarke.

The Argus understands a medical was due to take place today with "good progress" being made towards a deal.

The centre-back could become the Seagulls’ first signing since the appointment of Graham Potter as head coach.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
?? Yep. The fact that Albion have been interested in Clarke is not in dispute . They are and it looks like they are about to sign him. Its been reported by the Argus several times in the last month.
But https://twitter.com/livetransfernew - they don't actually do any of their own reporting...they literally make stuff up and if it doesn't come true - delete it.

Ok. I wasn’t passing judgement any more or less than anyone else. Merely showing it wasn’t fake news no matter when/who tweeted it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ok. I wasn’t passing judgement any more or less than anyone else. Merely showing it wasn’t fake news no matter when/who tweeted it.

Yes, These accounts do feed on real reporting and the hard work of real journalists and occasionally their guesses are right.
( https://twitter.com/livetransfernew delete all their guesses that don't come off ) but its still guesswork. Or in certain cases - worse than that . Deliberate misinformation to skew betting markets, or encourage clickbait to make ££ from ads on their websites or partners.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Yes, These accounts do feed on real reporting and the hard work of real journalists and occasionally their guesses are right.
( https://twitter.com/livetransfernew delete all their guesses that don't come off ) but its still guesswork. Or in certain cases - worse than that . Deliberate misinformation to skew betting markets, or encourage clickbait to make ££ from ads on their websites or partners.

This, albeit written from the perspective of Man United, is a table showing the reliability of many of the sources and journalists we see reporting rumours. Though there's some Man United-specific names on there like Craig Norwood, there are some others, like Kristof Terreur (who initially reported the Trossard news and is listed in the highest reliability category) who are listed in the reliability table, and I find it to be quite a good way for assessing the reliability of journalists and therefore rumours, as generally if someone is spreading BS about one club, then they'll do the same for other clubs :

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/wiki/transfer-reliability-guide

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The transfer window SLAMS shut in exactly 7 weeks today.

Should be seeing some of the 3-5 incoming arriving very soon.

Also loads of loaning out to be done as well.

:albion2:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hope you won't be too disappointed if and when some of this doesn't happen..
I will be disappointed if we don't sign a striker to replace the creaking and ancient Murray.

I will be disappointed if we don't sign Trossard or a similar player who can play wing or attacking midfield.

Other than that, no disappointment from me - even if these are the only 2 signed ( providing Baluta is part of our squad midfield ).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I will be disappointed if we don't sign a striker to replace the creaking and ancient Murray.

I will be disappointed if we don't sign Trossard or a similar player who can play wing or attacking midfield.

Other than that, no disappointment from me - even if these are the only 2 signed ( providing Baluta is part of our squad midfield ).

RB reqd too IMHO...

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
From the current team, even if we do sign a striker, an attacking winger, and a right back, I really think that we're going to struggle. They've been shown time and time again that the core/backbone of the team isn't up to Premier League standard. I think that the team we have now is worse than when we got promoted. Our transfer business better be outstanding for us to survive. Of the 3 teams coming up from the Championship, 2 of them on paper look much much better than we do, and of those left in the Prem who we maybe could beat, just got better and better at the end of the season as we went backwards.

I won't be disappointed if we get relegated if we put up a fight, but what I will be disappointed about is if we collapse like we did at the tail end of the season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
From the current team, even if we do sign a striker, an attacking winger, and a right back, I really think that we're going to struggle. They've been shown time and time again that the core/backbone of the team isn't up to Premier League standard. I think that the team we have now is worse than when we got promoted. Our transfer business better be outstanding for us to survive. Of the 3 teams coming up from the Championship, 2 of them on paper look much much better than we do, and of those left in the Prem who we maybe could beat, just got better and better at the end of the season as we went backwards.

I won't be disappointed if we get relegated if we put up a fight, but what I will be disappointed about is if we collapse like we did at the tail end of the season.

Let's see what a new manager with a different approach makes of them. I feel that for some aspects we may be under-utilising some of the current team.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Let's see what a new manager with a different approach makes of them. I feel that for some aspects we may be under-utilising some of the current team.

This. The post you were responding to was far too negative IMHO...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Matt C sings!! The thread title is a lie at last!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know I keep coming over as. A miserable fulkker, but why do we need another defender!

We have balogun, dunk, Duffy and the big Wigan lad, Dan. All centre backs....centre backs are not what we want...we want attacking creative midfielders and forwards who can put the ball in the net. Totally and absolutely underwhelmed by this signing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here