Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
That's what we want?

In our first Summer transfer window in the PL, we signed more players by this point than we have now. Bear in mind, this was when the window ended in SEPTEMBER.
In our second, after doing reasonably well and the transfer window changes, we signed more players by this point than we have now including our (still) record signing.

So far, now several months after we scraped survival during which many fans considered launching themselves off the nearest block of flats instead of watching us, we have signed a decent winger, though unproven. This is offset by losing our most exciting and creative player throughout the last 3 and a half seasons. We have also signed a L1 centre half.

Our squad is a year older. While this may be insignificant, even beneficial for some, it most certainly isn't for the very soon to be 36 year old bloke we are relying on to net us 10+ goals a season to survive.

And people wonder why a bit of concern is creeping in. 2 weeks to go. 3-4 quality first team signings needed.

And so say all of us.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I feel like the thread title might be true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We've learned nothing from the Vincent Janssen panic.

It's all heading towards history repeating itself.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Also every season we hear the same comment about the market being overheated , money too crazy. Well we should have learnt by now that the market is getting crazier every season !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That's what we want?

In our first Summer transfer window in the PL, we signed more players by this point than we have now. Bear in mind, this was when the window ended in SEPTEMBER.
In our second, after doing reasonably well and the transfer window changes, we signed more players by this point than we have now including our (still) record signing.

So far, now several months after we scraped survival during which many fans considered launching themselves off the nearest block of flats instead of watching us, we have signed a decent winger, though unproven. This is offset by losing our most exciting and creative player throughout the last 3 and a half seasons. We have also signed a L1 centre half.

Our squad is a year older. While this may be insignificant, even beneficial for some, it most certainly isn't for the very soon to be 36 year old bloke we are relying on to net us 10+ goals a season to survive.

And people wonder why a bit of concern is creeping in. 2 weeks to go. 3-4 quality first team signings needed.

Why 3-4, it sounds like your yardstick for succeeding is volume of incoming players as soon as possible. So why not 5-6 ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Seriously?

The only thing I see repeating is the annual bedwetting.

I still trust the club and am looking forward to the ride.

A lot of this thread reminds me of my brother on Christmas eve. Aged three. And the trip to the sea side. Are we there yet? Are we though?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seriously?

A lot of this thread reminds me of my brother on Christmas eve. Aged three. And the trip to the sea side. Are we there yet? Are we though?
I think we are trying to get 3 players in - 4 if Balogun wants out.

We may well get 1 this week, and 1 next week. But the 3rd will be at Vincent Jannsen o'clock ( actually earlier on the clock as the window shuts at 5pm this time. )

I'll be pleasantly surprised if 3 are signed tomorrow, and we then declare ourselves shut for any further business.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Why 3-4, it sounds like your yardstick for succeeding is volume of incoming players as soon as possible. So why not 5-6 ?

It's the same amount of signings that just yesterday you were agreeing with, and you gave assurances (realistic I think your word was) that we would make them.

It's 3-4 because of the Dunk situation. Highly doubt he will leave, but if he does then it rises to 4.

Not even sure why I have bothered responding to your asinine post but there we go.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Seriously?

This thread is gold. If you go back over this thread and peruse the end of transfer window postings over the years, you can see the same thing year after year. Certain people seem to absolutely lose their shit regarding signings. It's often the same people every year too. I wonder if there's any self awareness of this phenomenon at all......

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Seriously?

You might have a point mocking others concern if we finished with 40+ points last season. The team wasn’t and still isn’t good enough two of the relegated sides took 10 points off us. Knockhaert has now left the building he earned on average 9 points a season in the PL which is huge amount considering the target is 40.

Enjoy the ride.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You might have a point mocking others concern if we finished with 40+ points last season. The team wasn’t and still isn’t good enough two of the relegated sides took 10 points off us. Knockhaert has now left the building he earned on average 9 points a season in the PL which is huge amount considering the target is 40.

Enjoy the ride.

Relax, Pascal Gross is fit again.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Not all of us.

Maybe not but I think you're probably in a minority old chap.:) Are you really happy with how the transfer window has gone so far?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Maybe not but I think you're probably in a minority old chap.:) Are you really happy with how the transfer window has gone so far?

On this thread probably . Amongst fans I doubt it. Doesn’t matter what anyone thinks or if they’re happy on July 24th. It’s who you buy not when. Look how happy everyone was when we signed Ali J on July 22nd last year.
Come back on August 9th or Xmas or May 2020 for the real window verdict of Summer 2019
Until then it’s pointless to use it as a stick to beat the club with or any posters who deviate from the line thats it all too late or even as some are now convinced, it’s going to be a disaster.

PS: I’ll say again there are 3 gaps in the squad, (RB, CF, and possibly CM) we know it, the club knows it, and all the reporting proves it. But if you’re convinced otherwise then not much I can do.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's the same amount of signings that just yesterday you were agreeing with, and you gave assurances (realistic I think your word was) that we would make them.

It's 3-4 because of the Dunk situation. Highly doubt he will leave, but if he does then it rises to 4.

Not even sure why I have bothered responding to your asinine post but there we go.

Agreed . Not the asinine bit (oh ok fair enough - it was a lame quip) . And yep - I can’t see any sign Dunk is going anywhere given the price tag we’ve conjured up. PS - they aren’t assurances - it just seems the most likely outcome given what we know.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Why not? Sure, if the window dramatically slams shut and we haven't brought anyone else in (not counting U23s) then it will be a worry. Now it isn't; we've got in a back-up CB and an attacking player who is one of our biggest spends ever, so it's going OK so far. Did you really expect us to complete all our business early in the window? Really?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Enjoy the ride.

Bloom sacked his manager at great expense fully aware you’d expect of how the season turned out under Chris. The idea that he’s then not going to give Potter /ashworth/winstanley relatively substantial funds (but don’t expect any £50m strikers) to fill the 3 or so gaps in the squad is far fetched to say the least.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This thread is gold. If you go back over this thread and peruse the end of transfer window postings over the years, you can see the same thing year after year. Certain people seem to absolutely lose their shit regarding signings. It's often the same people every year too. I wonder if there's any self awareness of this phenomenon at all......

Spot on. I've absolutely no inclination to peruse earlier contributions to it, but it'd be a collective service for NSC if you can name names :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here