Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Copied from Twitter :

Net Spends since June 2016 (£)

#MCFC: 399m
#MUFC: 375m
#AFC: 178m
#WWFC: 167m
#EFC: 161m
#LCFC: 153m
#BHAFC: 152m
#AVFC: 140m
#CFC: 136m
#WHU: 134m
#AFCBFC: 90m
#LFC: 72m
#THFC: 69m
#BFC: 55m
#WFC: 45m
#CPFC: 38m
#SAINTS: 20m
#SUFC:18m
#NUFC:15m
#NCFC: -52m

What relevance does that have?

All it shows is that we've made no significant sales.

I have a feeling the gross spends will look somewhat different.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Of course they will........but relevance to what ? Just thought it was interesting, that's all, particularly in the light of all the posts elating to transfer activity over the last couple of years. :shrug::shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Exactly. Teams below us in that table (like Spurs and Chelsea) have spent far longer in the PL than us, so will have sold players for big £millions - so far we've pretty much just bought to catch up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know, or I think I know, we are supposed to be looking for quality, instead of quantity, but instead of just Paul Winstanley, we now have Dan Ashworth, and Graham Potter's own transfer guru, so why aren't we close to any sort of signing?
Are we using up too much on wages for 'backroom' recruitment staff?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The issue with those net spend over time stats is they make no mention of the strength/value of each squad at that moment in time.

Pretty fair to say that in June 2016 we had a far less valuable squad than the vast majority of other sides in that list, thus we are playing catch up and need to spend more to compete.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I know, or I think I know, we are supposed to be looking for quality, instead of quantity, but instead of just Paul Winstanley, we now have Dan Ashworth, and Graham Potter's own transfer guru, so why aren't we close to any sort of signing?
Are we using up too much on wages for 'backroom' recruitment staff?
I doubt that's a factor. They wil be on a fraction of what a quality first team addition would be on. But you're right in that we have quite a top heavy recruitment team, and I think it's fair to say, thus far at least, the results of their combined work is underwhelming

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How do you know we aren't?

I don't, of course, but usually there are hints. Let's face it, the thread about Graham Potter was started before our last game, let alone before CH was sacked.
Not even a whisper, at the moment.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't, of course, but usually there are hints. Let's face it, the thread about Graham Potter was started before our last game, let alone before CH was sacked.
Not even a whisper, at the moment.
Naylor leaving seems to have lowered the hint level.

It does indeed seem like nothing is happening, and that this is an incredibly dull window, but I suppose we just have to assume they are working on deals.

I've got to the stage that if we get just 1 more signing in the next 13 days it'll still be unexpected.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Be very unusual for something to be announced without any sort of sniff on NSC/social media beforehand. Been very quiet rumourwise beyond Maupay and Tavernier, and they're hardly hot off the press stuff. I hope we are though

In light of recent HR issues at the training ground, its hardly surprising that nobody around the club is in the mood for leaking any gossip.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
To be honest I'd be more concerned if the club adopted a scatter gun approach to transfers with having a new head coach rather than giving him time to assess what he has?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
In light of recent HR issues at the training ground, its hardly surprising that nobody around the club is in the mood for leaking any gossip.

Perhaps, but groundstaff observing formations at lancing is one thing, they aren't likely to have any line on targets. I was thinking more of journalists, or is more often the case, representatives/contacts of the prospective player leaking info that happened on occasion last summer. Unusual for a signing to be announced without any whiff of it beforehand

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
To be honest I'd be more concerned if the club adopted a scatter gun approach to transfers with having a new head coach rather than giving him time to assess what he has?

We are talking about timeliness of signings... not whether it is targeted or scatter-gun... the lack of evident progress when the 1st team gaps are oh so ****ing obvious is very disappointing IMHO...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We are talking about timeliness of signings... not whether it is targeted or scatter-gun... the lack of evident progress when the 1st team gaps are oh so ****ing obvious is very disappointing IMHO...

If the window had closed you would have a point.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Copied from Twitter :

Net Spends since June 2016 (£)

#MCFC: 399m
#MUFC: 375m
#AFC: 178m
#WWFC: 167m
#EFC: 161m
#LCFC: 153m
#BHAFC: 152m
#AVFC: 140m
#CFC: 136m
#WHU: 134m
#AFCBFC: 90m
#LFC: 72m
#THFC: 69m
#BFC: 55m
#WFC: 45m
#CPFC: 38m
#SAINTS: 20m
#SUFC:18m
#NUFC:15m
#NCFC: -52m
It would be interesting to know the split of the spend on the first team squad to that spent on players for the future, like Percy and Billy. A lot of money must have been spent on U23's

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If the window had closed you would have a point.

Though to be fair, surely as a manager you cannot be happy if you haven’t got a near finished squad to work with. (Though Perhaps we have).

Preparation at this level is everything, if we sign three of four in deadline week, can we really anticipate them making a meaningful impact for the first few weeks, as there’s systems to learn etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here